Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with The Sims 3 Showtime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with The Sims 3 Showtime Empty Problem with The Sims 3 Showtime

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 19:26

Hi everyone, I'm glad to find this site, because I can see that many problems have been solved.
First I want to tell you that, I dont speak english I speak spanish.. so Im sorry if my english is not good Sad Ok here we go! I've been playing The Sims since like forever, and I have all the expansions and stuff packs plus many .package files and mods (with no crack files, I play it with the cd inserted) and now I have a problem with Showtime. when I installed it I noticed that the game was runing slower than normal, it was freezing most of the time and the textures of objects and even this sims themselfs turned to grey with no shape and then back to normal after some time (this never happened before) and then it crashes to desktop with a message saying that it stopped working. so I decided to delete all the .packages files and mods, and uninstall all the game and install all over again in order of release date for each expansion and stuff packs. This time with no .packages files, The game updated to the last version and it was fine. The game runs just fine, but at some point it crashes to desktop, maybe when I return to my house or maybe when I save the game. I tried to set lower graphics details (but I always played it with nice settings before showtime) I have all .exe files in DEP because I found here that could fix it. Also, I change my Nvidia graphics card settings to vertical sync force off. I read a post where a download file is uploaded, it says it is a fix, it is a rar file with crack files to overwrite the .exe game files, I want to know why I have to do that and if they will fix my problem... Here I post my PC characteristics, and the installing order for my Sims 3 games.

PC:
Processor Intel core i5
Ram: 4GB
Graphics: Nvidia Gforce 220 1GB
Free HD space: 213 GB

Installing order:
The Sims 3 base game version 1.33.2.015002
World Adventures
High-End Loft Stuff
Ambitions
Fast Lane Stuff
Late Night
Outdoor Living Stuff
Generations
Town Life Stuff
Pets
Master Suite Stuff
Showtime (version 12.0.273.015001)

Today launcher notified me that theres an update..should I updated?

Thank very very much for you time!
I hope you can help me to do whats best

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Problem with The Sims 3 Showtime Empty Re: Problem with The Sims 3 Showtime

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 04 Jun 2012, 20:56

Hello,

It sounds like you own all of the games. If you do, it doesn't help to use the fix. The fix is a way to patch and crack a pirated game.

And if you in fact own all of the expansions and the base, it's safe to install the latest patch. Perhaps it will fix your problem.

But if any of your expansions were downloaded by torrent, the fix may help and you may want to wait with updating for now.

I see you've already tried a number of things to solve your problem. When you reinstalled, did you also have setup remove your old "The Sims 3" folder from your documents? If you didn't, you may try this:

1. Go to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\
2. Backup (Read: copy to an other folder) the folder called "The Sims 3".
3. Now completely remove the "The Sims 3" folder from: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\
4. Start the game and see if it works properly now.

You may also try running the game as administrator. And make sure you've added all the games exe's to the DEP.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 22:06

thank you for your answer.

and yes, I deleted all the "My Documents\Electronic Arts" files, so now I'll try to run the game as administrator. Do I have to set as admin all the .exe file in every bin folder? thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 04 Jun 2012, 22:18

Hello,

Yes, all of the .exe files in all the bin folders. (So also the expansions' folders)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male