Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 17:49

First of all, it's my first post ever, i just registered, so hello to all of you guys. :newfag:
Now, i know this problem has been discussed and solved before, that's why and how i ended up here, but since i haven't seen a solution that applies to everyone with this problem, i figured i should post this, cause my problem's that some of my expansions (and the original) are official and the rest i didn't download nor installed from here, so, do you think i should uninstall everything first and download+install from this site? or is there some way to solve this without all of that?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 23:12

What error is it? The error code (ie: 12) will tell us what -exactly- is crashing and can result in some feedback on how you might go about fixing it.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 23 Dec 2012, 08:43

Hello,

Could you tell us which EP's you own and which you downloaded (doesn't matter from where)?
Are you getting an error at any point during start up?
Are you using mods/cc?
What is your base game version?

Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED] 34ynset
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 22:25

Hi!!
I don't know if this problem is solved because i played twice again and the screen did blacked out a couple times but it never crashed or freezed so i don't really know, i have installed the newest patch and the Diesel stuff pack, i don't know if this is totally solved and i'm wasting your time...
But yeah, if it's still needed, my base game version is 1.42.130.019002; i have the base game, World Adventures, Design & High Tech, Ambitions, Fast Lane, Late Night, Outdoor Living, Generations (these are all official), Town Life, Pets, Master Suite, Showtime, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and i've just installed Diesel.
Plus, i don't get any error at startup, but then again, the last two times i played, it was all okay, i'm afraid, but i guess if i do have this problem again, i come back here?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes in buy/build mode.

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 22:37

One last question, i've noticed the website where i download the expansions and stuff packs links me back to you guys i guess, because when i download them there's a .txt file with installation steps from this website, and their links for supernatural and seasons are off, is it okay to download from here and install according to you guys? i guess it's the same, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 01:21

Yep, you should be fine doing that

If you run into the same problem again, see hexorcist's post with regard to getting an error code for us to work with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 03:25

Okey dokey, thank you! I'll try and play a little more later. I actually didn't know really what to reply to hexorcist since i never got a in-game error or like the game crashed and showed some error message; only on the blue screen, and if it happens again, i surely will note whatever it shows.

thank you once again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 18:00

Hello,

We'll keep this topic open for you then.
Please let us know the final result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 23:08

So since i last posted, i played the game with Diesel installed and it was fine. But now that i have installed Supernatural and some store stuff, it won't even open...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 26 Dec 2012, 11:26

Hello,

Did you copy the crack again? Any specific errors?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 23:59

I did copy the crack again and it went ok. Now I've played it again, first time i tried to save an error message showed up (Error 16), but i was able to save twice more with no problems. When i saved for the last time, i had just started a new family and the screen blacked out, it's still open but i'm afraid if i go back to the game, the blue screens comes back. I'm sorry this seems so messed up, one time it's okay, another time other thing shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 04:27

Error 16 is a loose file copy failure - or in other words, it wasn't able to overwrite your save file for some reason; it could've been open by another process (ie: virus scanner) or some other piece of software. Easiest way to resolve this is to disable all disk utilities, antivirus suites, and close everything other than the game. If the issue persists it's likely due to some other software that is running as a service, thus you don't see a window for it. However, it should -not- be related to your blue/black screen issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 05:53

I shall do that, even though it didn't show up again. Now it just blacked out and froze and it won't even close........sigh when i open the game window it's all black, flickers sometimes and i hear a strange noise like white noise or something boiling. I know it sounds weird, is my game corrupted or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 15:18

Either it's a corrupted game or there's some hardware issue going on -- or possibly both. I'd definitely try reinstalling and seeing if that fixes it. Make sure to run a registry cleaner after uninstalling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 16:58

I tried playing it again and yeah, after a few minutes it blacked out. It's hard to think it's something wrong with the computer so i'm gonna do that, i'm gonna reinstall it, can I back up any families?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:00

I'm manually uninstalling it to make sure it's all gone and when I reinstall i'm gonna apply your manual patch and install your Ultimate Fix!

~~ EDIT
~~

I have installed the base game and all the expansions, also manually updated the game even though a message shpwed up saying it already was the last version and i have downloaded the Ultimate Fix. Tomorrow (in a few hours) i'm gonna install it and try to play the game. I do have a question: I copied the "The Sims 3" folder in My Documents before uninstalling, was it a backup enough? if I put it back in the same place will I have the last save? thanks!!!

Last edited by Jimmy Gnecco on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 05:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 12:02

Hello,

Yes, after you install the game you can put that folder back.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 16:22

I would like to ask question about this too. I'm not sure if the problem I had is the same with this. But so far, I've encounter the problem in build mode (because every time it crashes, I would open the game and start building things that lost because of crash). The screen turn black, but the build mode song is still playing smoothly. The thing is this window that says something about Send Error Report and Don't Send appears. I don't know what to do. Sad

//EDIT

Oh yeah I forgot to tell, I just installed a not original copy of The Sims 3 Pets. And I got the problem with "Unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy blablabla please contact costumer service" thing. I installed the Ultimate Fix according to the guide. And everything seems fine until this build mode error occurs. Anyone can help?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Dec 2012, 16:32

Hello,

Please open a new topic, it'll be easier for us to keep track and provide personal support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 16:39

Okay I'll do that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 17:43

Hey again guys! I'm installing The Ultimate Fix, i've only replaced the base game files by now and when i open the launcher it shows the base game isn't installed, is it normal?

~~ EDIT ~~

So I'm trying to do the 11th step of the installation guide but the launcher doesn't even open now, an error message shows up, asking to check the Registry. But like it says on the installation guide, i've installed the manual patch, so, gonna continue.

//EDIT

Ugh the game won't even open. An error message shows up with (0x0175dcbb). Where did I go wrong???
I did everything by this topic https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly and it still doesn't work. It's actually worse, since now it doesn't open...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Dec 2012, 12:51

Hello,

Try this.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 17:59

I don't really know how to work with this, is it bad if there's no ErgcPathReg or ContentID? What if it's red? For instance, The Sims 3 Showtime executable was red but i pasted the files needed to the directory and changed it, but it's still red...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 18:23

The only ones that matter (generally speaking) are the ones that are red. You shouldn't copy/paste files in order to make the red go away, you should use the browse button on the right hand side of the box that is red and point it to the correct file or directory. If it's red because you uninstalled that expansion pack, remove the check from the checkbox and when you click "Fix" the program will ask if you want to delete the keys that are in the registry but are not checked in the program.

If it's a ProductID that is red, then you'll need to find out what product ID it should be (1001 for the base game, then 2 for World Adventures, 3 for High-End Loft stuff, so on and so fort [the number is when it was released, which is the same as the first digit in the version number of that expansion]).

Last edited by hexorcist on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 18:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Dec 2012, 18:25

In that case, I forgot probably to pasted the files in the directory, that's why I copy+pasted it... But it's still red.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top