Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 18:43

So I'm having a problem where my horses won't learn the racing skill when using the race training posts. They still learn from other things like galloping around or being ridden, but the racing posts don't work and the other methods are really slow. The only CC I'm using right now is the sims store CC and MasterControler. Tried to resetSim on effected horses. Sold posts and bought new ones. Removed MasterControler and checked without it. Still didn't work.

I heard it might be an issue with the sims store spellbook (though the people saying so didn't seem particularly sure of themselves), but I can't remove that because I downloaded all the sims store CC as a single package and even with s3pe I'd have no idea what to remove. Searching for a spellbook fix brought me here, but it was only a fix for the issue of sims being reset.

If anyone knows anything I'd appreciate any input.

Edit: Actually it seems going for a ride does nothing either, only gallop around raises the level at all.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Mar 2012, 09:05

Hello,

Going for a regular ride wouldn't work since the horse has to gallop to increase racing skill. What are your horses' traits?

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 20:29; edited 1 time in total
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 racing skill not increasing with training posts.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 17:54

I was making them gallop, plus the training posts don't work.

I did a little more testing, and apparently it happens on all horses no matter what the traits. It seems to happen after a sim with a high riding skill (and thus a bonus to skill gain for the horse) rides the horse. After the sim dismounts, the skill will no longer increase with a sim (any sim) on the horse, or without a sim on the horse, except with the gallop around command.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Mar 2012, 18:12

Hello,

I'm not sure what could cause it at this point, apart from cc.
I am reading however that Overwatch can help, and training at the Equestrian training grounds makes a difference for some.
You could always up the skill level with Master Controller.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 20:11

Overwatch seems to have mostly fixed it, thanks a lot!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Mar 2012, 20:28

Hello,

That's good to hear.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top