Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED] Empty Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2012, 23:40

So, I've had the Sims 3 + all expansions up to Pets installed and working perfectly. I recall having to initially apply and install separate patches and cracks during the installation process for each expansion. Fastforward several months: I went to install Showtime, I got it working for a while but there was a huge memory leak and it was freezing/slowing so I tried fixing it with the 1.33 patch (before, my base game had been at something else) and after that I haven't been able to get the game to work at all. I've tried cracking and patching, bunch of errors, and I had to uninstall the base game and all the expansions, so I'm starting out fresh.

As far as base game .isos go, is every 'version' going to be the same? Should I re-download my isos or do they all start at whatever the base version is?

In addition, do I have to install separate patches for each one with a fresh install, or is something like the ultimate fix 1.33 patch going to work? I noticed when I had used it before, it updated my base game to 1.33, but say, World Adventures was still like, at version 2.14 and it looked like a more recent patch for it had been 2.17 (so it had not gotten updated). The installation instructions do not mention doing any of that.

Note: I did not use the launcher in the past. I opened with TS3W.exe. I did all manual patch installs; that might be where the difference is / and my lack of understanding the missing steps.

Thank you for any help. In the meantime, I'm going to be re-installing the game and the expansions, but not opening or cracking anything until I understand it a little more. (Still deciding whether or not I'm gonna go ahead and try Showtime once more).

Back to top Go down

Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Mar 2012, 12:15

Hello,

At this time, it's best to install like this:

-Start by installing the base game.
-Now patch it to game version 1.29 with the the 1.29 superpatch.

-At this point you can decide to install everything except for Showtime, or you can patch to 1.31 first. It doesn't really matter which route you take at this point as long as you patch to 1.31 before installing Showtime.
-The incremental (small) patch for 1.31 can be found here.

To find out which one you need, do this:
-Open "Start", type "regedit" in the search box and
then press [ENTER].
- When you're in the Register Editor, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims > The Sims 3 OR IT MAY BE IN:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 (Windows 7, Vista)
-Here you'll see a file called "SKU". Double click on it, look at the value and download the matching 1.31 patch.

-After you've successfully installed everything, download the manual patch and the latest fix.
-Install the 1.33 patch you downloaded in the previous step.
-Look at the fix and open the #crack folder, these 2 files should be applied as specified in step 13 in the fix's installation guide.

It has become a little complicated because EA really messed up with the last few patches.

You don't have to patch the expansions separately, but you can if you want to. It doesn't really matter at which point you do this, before or after cracking.
You probably don't have to redownload your base or expansions. Do make sure you have the latest fix though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Question about Patches and a fresh install of Sims3+Expansions (and about the guide).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 20:58

Thank you. :] I think I'll install the base game and the 1.29 patch now. Then I have to go to work, so the 1.31 step'll (and installing the rest of the expansions) will have to wait. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to install showtime again, since my computer was so slow that last time. Hmm... I probably will, and if it's still buggy I'll just uninstall it since it's the last expansion (I guess). I'll keep things posted here, if you don't mind!

//EDIT

Okay, checked the registry, my SKU value for the sims is 2. Downloading corresponding 1.31 patch now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 30 Mar 2012, 21:21

Hello,

Please let us know if you run into any problems during the process.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 22:26

Used patch 1.31, installed world adventures, high end loft stuff, ambitions, fast lane, late night while getting ready (couldn't wait, gosh). Then came Outdoor Living, where a popup told me that the version of the sims I have is more current than the version of outdoor living I have and that I should update or there could be problems.

I assume this might be an expansion I should patch?
For now, I'll keep going with the installs. Although I have to leave in 10 minutes so it'll probably only be one or two more, we'll see.

//EDIT

Getting the same pop-up with Generations.

"Warning: The
installed version of The Sims is more recent than this product. If you
choose to proceed, you will need to be connected to the internet and
update this product via the Sims 3 Game Launcher after it is installed
in order to play The Sims 3."

Admin edit: Please use the "Edit" button on your message, instead of double-posting. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 30 Mar 2012, 23:03

Hello,

Did you do the v1.33 update, like Lady ElDi suggested?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 31 Mar 2012, 09:56

Hello,

You can ignore that message, it just means that your base game is more recent than the expansion you're trying to install and won't give you any problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Apr 2012, 05:32

Sorry, I forgot to respond and tell you guys that everything is working. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 08 Apr 2012, 08:50

Hello,

That’s good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top