Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED] Empty Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 13:15

Hi, I just installed a new Western Digital HD over the weekend and did a fresh install
of the Sims 3 game. All expansions except for into the Future and most stuff packs, minus 3. No CC yet,
just what comes with the games.

here is my specs just in case;

Intel Core i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz
16 GB Ram 
64bit OS, x64-based processor Win 8.1
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
2TB WD HD

Not running any background tasks, even Google Chrome at the start.

I initially had issues loading the game, So just bypassing the launcher from here on out,
 after following the Ultimate Fix instructions, I was able
to successfully load the game, run it long enough to create/customize 5 sims and 2 horse sims.
Maybe 45 mins or less to create these. 

I pick a house to move to and the game loads them to the house and the game is paused. I saved the game
and pressed play, instant "game has stopped working error.." and just hangs there, I have to tell it 
to close to end it. 

I select the cracked TS3W file and set it to run compatability mode for Vista and admin rights.
Loaded game to family, pressed play, immediate crash error.(it just hangs there in error mode).

I Found the instructions on the DEP elsewhere, it said to add the TS3W.exe to the list, which was the
cracked version I got from here. 

Loaded the game to the test family and after pressing play, same error as above. 

Found the instructions for adding all the .exes from the bins to the list, I did them all, though
they weren't all listed as TS3W, some were TSEP05 etc. Wouldn't let me add the launcher ones.

Loaded family, pressed play, immediate error (crash). 

Went and replaced the .exes from the Ultimate Fix and renamed the ones from the "after and including
Generations folder", since those were named TS3EP(number of pack) and not TS3W. Added the crack from here
to the base bin folder as well. 

Loaded fam, pressed play, immediate crash. 

Wasn't sure if I should just copy paste the TS3W into the expansion bin folders and not rename them.
Many of those didnt have a TSLHost.dll to replace with the one from the Ultimate Fix folders.I added
it to those folders anyway. 

Ive loaded the game up /rebooted my pc/ followed the guides/ read others posts but still cant figure this out.
I turned off the V Sync for the game since I heard that could possibly be an issue. 

Im asking for any other ideas I haven't tried and advice on changing the names on the Fix files for 
expansions, Generations on up, and for Stuff packs. If I should have added the TSLHost.dll to files
without one in them (in bin folder).

I didn't update to patch 1.67, I hope its not the problem, I read that it can be a problem in itself
and advisable to not use it. I cant imagine that being the problem.

Read these threads(not including other sites) Filtered my search down to 6 pages and looked through all;
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19081-suddenly-stopped-working-sims-3-all-packs
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18962-sims-3-windows-8-1-solved

Thanks for any extra help you can throw my way, this is just too weird and I am at a loss on what to try next.

Back to top Go down

Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Feb 2015, 19:36

Hello floofy and welcome,

What about the "4GB patch" - have you tried that one too ? Also, the game just seems to have problems on several systems...things that can't quite be explained. 

Oh, and please update to the latest available version indeed. Smile  Namely the 1.67 version. You probably used an older patch alongside the latest Ultimate fix, which isn't going to work. The latest Ultimate fix will ONLY work if you are also using the latest available game patch - again, the 1.67 version. To do all of that, (re-) do the steps from 2 to 5 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fresh install on new HD, loads game but wont "play" once family is in house. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Feb 2015, 00:56

thank you for the tips Carlos. 

Question on steps;
I did not do the 4GB patch, on what step should it be applied? After #2?

Do I need to un-install all the exp and stuff packs down to base game?(trying to avoid doing that if possible ><) 

Or is it ok to apply the 1.67 manual patch,--> then ultimate fix,--> then 4gb patch--> then the crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 24 Feb 2015, 02:37

floofy wrote:thank you for the tips Carlos. 

Question on steps;
I did not do the 4GB patch, on what step should it be applied? After #2?

Do I need to un-install all the exp and stuff packs down to base game?(trying to avoid doing that if possible ><) 

Or is it ok to apply the 1.67 manual patch,--> then ultimate fix,--> then 4gb patch--> then the crack?
You will find further info on the "4GB patch" at the link below.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Large_Address_Aware/4GB_Patch

Please let us know how it turned out. Happy simming!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Feb 2015, 02:55

Thank you SvenT, yes I have seen that link and many others on this 4gb patch, however, it isnt mentioned at what point you would apply the patch. 

After the ultimate fix? Since this is a user made mod and not the original .exe. 

After the crack? Same issue as above, I understand it will change how my pc responds to the .exe .

Seems to me its either after the ultimate fix or the crack .exe. But am not sure when to apply it.

update;
So I went ahead and installed the 1.67 patch, re-did the ultimate fix to all folders then added the crack to base game. So far game is running very well for about 10 mins..Will start up a new family and house and see how that goes. If well, I will just look into doing RAMdisc since that will be my next challenge after I start adding my CC collections and mods in to my current vanilla game.

Thank you very much for the support! /bighugz

Update:
ok game played for about 15 mins, I added a few items to the house, and after 5 more mins, the game will freeze, I can hear sounds and particle effects are still moving, but the sims themselves stop moving and the game wont let you do anything until it ends, Ill call it a stutter, so its stuttering every 30 seconds. I remember this issue once before but will have to research what causes it and how to fix it again. >< Wish me luck!

Solution= resetsim cheat, thanks again! 

Not related to my issue, but is there a way to nzb the Movie Stuff pack? torrenting has been outlawed in my house, so I can only nzb, but all I see available are torrentz.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Feb 2015, 19:33

floofy wrote:Thank you SvenT, yes I have seen that link and many others on this 4gb patch, however, it isnt mentioned at what point you would apply the patch. 

After the ultimate fix? Since this is a user made mod and not the original .exe. 

After the crack? Same issue as above, I understand it will change how my pc responds to the .exe .

Seems to me its either after the ultimate fix or the crack .exe. But am not sure when to apply it.

update;
So I went ahead and installed the 1.67 patch, re-did the ultimate fix to all folders then added the crack to base game. So far game is running very well for about 10 mins..Will start up a new family and house and see how that goes. If well, I will just look into doing RAMdisc since that will be my next challenge after I start adding my CC collections and mods in to my current vanilla game.

Thank you very much for the support! /bighugz

Update:
ok game played for about 15 mins, I added a few items to the house, and after 5 more mins, the game will freeze, I can hear sounds and particle effects are still moving, but the sims themselves stop moving and the game wont let you do anything until it ends, Ill call it a stutter, so its stuttering every 30 seconds. I remember this issue once before but will have to research what causes it and how to fix it again. >< Wish me luck!

Solution= resetsim cheat, thanks again! 

Not related to my issue, but is there a way to nzb the Movie Stuff pack? torrenting has been outlawed in my house, so I can only nzb, but all I see available are torrentz.

Again, after applying the 1.67 manual patch, you ONLY need to apply the Ultimate fix to the base game location, and nowhere else. Smile  But nonetheless it's good to hear that you managed to get it working. And the 4GB patch is best applied at the very end - so AFTER you applied the Ultimate fix.

I'm also sorry to hear about your itnernet issues, but Games4TheWorld currently only provides torrents. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 19:51

Thanks again Carlos, I added the 1.67 patch--> ultimate fix to all (but could have saved me 5 mins by doing only to base game, heh Smile) --> added the crack,--> applied 4gb patch. 

So far so good, the only item I couldnt get was movie stuff, but I am so grateful to be able to have most of what I wanted in game, I am as pleased as punch. Maybe games4theworlddownloads.org will eventually put it up as I got most of my downloads from there. :3

Thank you for your insight and wisdom, hopefully any others with this issue will see what steps were taken to try to resolve everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:01

floofy wrote:Thanks again Carlos, I added the 1.67 patch--> ultimate fix to all (but could have saved me 5 mins by doing only to base game, heh Smile) --> added the crack,--> applied 4gb patch. 

So far so good, the only item I couldnt get was movie stuff, but I am so grateful to be able to have most of what I wanted in game, I am as pleased as punch. Maybe games4theworlddownloads.org will eventually put it up as I got most of my downloads from there. :3

Thank you for your insight and wisdom, hopefully any others with this issue will see what steps were taken to try to resolve everything.

You could ask a friend or relative though (if possible) to download torrents for you. People you know who may not have problems with their ISPs. Smile  And after downloading, put the stuff on a USB flashdrive and transfer it over to your computer.

Beyond that, do you have any other question for now ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 20:50

thanks again, no, you can check this as "solved" Very Happy

Mod edit: you may open a new thread at anytime. Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top