Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED] Empty Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 03:17

When installing these expansions there are extra instructions included that aren't in the other expansions, multiple crack folders, registry edits and updates. Do I need to do this or not?

Also, since installing everything but those expansions I have already patched to 1.55.4 does that mess up installing these expansions or not? If not do I need to reapply the patch after these expansions are installed?

Thanks-
matt

Back to top Go down

Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 07:48

Multiple cracks, that's just the way they did it, but when you install The Sims 3 you don't need the cracks from all. Just use the crack from the newest EP/SP or the one for the patch.
You can install them after updating (some update after installing just the base game, probably to skip the update process from every install after). You can reapply the patch after installing the EP/SP.

Last edited by V10R37 on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Outdoor Living, World Adventures and Late Night Expansions install question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:31

I'm sorry I don't follow your first statement. What about the reg edits and updates?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:37

Nothing is messed up.
Please install all your expansions, then get the latest Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the Crack folder to the base game installation folder, which should be C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:07

I'm sorry but my question is not being answered...

Do I need to do the reg edits and patches in these expansions or not? I am not a noob, I just need the question answered. If not then will the expansions be as up to date as they could be?

Thanks again-
Matt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:10

No problem. Sorry for not being clear.
You should not need to edit the registry (that only happens if you get an error while installing WA, then you need to change the SKU), and you don't want to use the cracks and patches from the torrent (they are out of date...).
Normally, putting your game to 1.55 should be enough for all expansions!
Does that answer your question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:15

Indeed it does, thank you Shamrock!

edit:
May I suggest a sticky on the subject or an addition to the install readme. Good job guys(and gals).

Last edited by mattlb0619 on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:16

Sure no problem! Glad I could help!
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:25

No thank you. Other then my pointing at the above edit I am good; I appreciate it.

Shout out to the whole team, great work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:27

Great.
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top