Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please? Empty I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please?

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 13:40

Ok, so here's what I'm doing...

I already have Sims 3 on my PC and I decided to download ALL expansion and stuff packs to this point. (World Adventure, Pets, Ambitions, Showtime, Late night, Generations, Master Suite, Town Life, Fast Lane, High End Loft, and Outdoor Living)

The base game I downloaded from another source (RELOADED, downloaded using Bit-comet), but all the expansions and stuff packs are G4TW, and have all been downloaded using Bit-comet from TPB. Sorry if I'm advertising these sites/programs, I'm just telling you if you need to know. So anyway, from all this I have a few questions/concerns I hope you can help me with..

1. So far 2 of my completed downloads are showing up as Zip files; for 7 others, my PC is asking me "Choose the program you want to use to open the file." Was there a problem with the download or is this somewhat normal?
2. Should I download the base game from G4TW or should I sick with the one I already have on my PC? (I think I read on another post that your "ultimate fix" is compatible with other non-cracked versions of the game, I just want to confirm.)
3. I've never updated a pirated game before, so how would I go about updating this game to 1.33 safely with all expansions/Stuff?
4. Is there a particular order that they should be installed in?

Sorry if I come off as a total n00b, I've downloaded many many games/programs before but never to this magnitude and with so great a chance for error with so many expansions. Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please? Empty Re: I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Apr 2012, 15:29

Hello,

This post will answer most of your questions regarding the installation.

1. So far 2 of my completed downloads are showing up as Zip files; for 7 others, my PC is asking me "Choose the program you want to use to open the file." Was there a problem with the download or is this somewhat normal?

You need winRAR to open these.

2. Should I download the base game from G4TW or should I sick with the one I already have on my PC? (I think I read on another post that your "ultimate fix" is compatible with other non-cracked versions of the game, I just want to confirm.)

Confirmed Smile any non-modified installer, non pre-cracked version will do.

3. I've never updated a pirated game before, so how would I go about updating this game to 1.33 safely with all expansions/Stuff?

You can update through the launcher, or use the manual patch.

If you have more questions, or run into problems along the way, don't hesitate to post.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please? Empty Re: I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please?

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 17:57

I cant believe I didn't know to use winrar... lol, thanks.

I ran into a little snag now while installing "Generations", It says it needs to update TS3 before it can be installed.

I'm downloading your manual update patch now. Will that do the trick? Admin says your supposed to use it as step 11 of the ultimate fix but i cant use that yet.. to my understanding.

Thanks again in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 04 Apr 2012, 18:04

Hello,

I see. Just update your game, using the manual patch and then install all the other expansions you want.

After you've installed all the expansions, just apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix and the game should work fine. Good luck and please let us know if you need any assistance during the progress!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 22:59

Ok cool, worked nicely..

I'm on to Work Adventures now, and very confused as to what to do next..

Do I skip all the "# crack" folder stuff (1,2,3 and 4) and the registry change, and just go to "Sims3EP01Setup" and run the set up, then apply the ultimate fix after?

I've already changed the registry SKU to "2" and Changed the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to:
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch.

If I was supposed to skip # crack 1,2,3 and 4 is there any way to reverse those steps?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Apr 2012, 09:32

Hello,

That's not really a problem, applying the fix afterwards should undo those steps.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please? Empty Help PLEASE

Post by Guest Mon 09 Apr 2012, 16:47

I have the original Sims 3 game. (Retail copy)
I took off with all the extras G4TW website, currently I have installed Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff, but when it starts, writes me that I have, unmodified copies, and that may be demolished, I installed the crack sims3 game, blah blah - BIN folder .
When I try to paste crack in the bin folder says to me that I need administrator permission, but I'm already on my account administrator?
Please help me!

Sorry for my bad english Smile Thank's

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Apr 2012, 16:57

Sims3Help wrote:I have the original Sims 3 game. (Retail copy)
I took off with all the extras G4TW website, currently I have installed Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff, but when it starts, writes me that I have, unmodified copies, and that may be demolished, I installed the crack sims3 game, blah blah - BIN folder .
When I try to paste crack in the bin folder says to me that I need administrator permission, but I'm already on my account administrator?
Please help me!

Sorry for my bad english Smile Thank's
Hello,

In order to provide personal help and to make it easier for us to track progress, please open your own topic. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Apr 2012, 23:04

Hey,

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been working nights and sleeping days Sad

I went ahead with the install of all the other expansions and applied your Ultimate Fix, and everything is working perfectly. My computer is a little older and needs a massive memory upgrade because the game is running slow even on the lowest settings, but other then that I have found no problems/bugs/glitches so far.

Thanks for the help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Apr 2012, 09:40

Hello,

Try to increase your virtual memory.
I'm on a low end pc with just 1GB ram myself. Eventually, I had to downsize my game to play at all. I now have the expansions, but not the stuff packs and no store items because I favoured my mods.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

I'm downloading ALL expansions and stuff packs, need help please? Empty hahahah help :P

Post by Guest Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:02

Sry but i'am noob hahaha i can't find my own topic o.o ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:18

Sims3Help wrote:Sry but i'am noob hahaha i can't find my own topic o.o ???
Hello,

Here you go: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4549-sims-3-installing-all-expansions-help
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male