Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice Empty Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 14:12

Hello all,
I'm not too sure if I have the right forum (forgive me if I don't) and I didn't see anything in the search bar for questions, but I am newly downloading everything that you have posted for The Sims 3 series (including your store updates and the extra towns and other content). I was curious if there is a specific way I should be downloading these? Is there a specific order to make it all go smoother?
I have installed the base game, and then plan to install all of the expansions, then all of the stuff-packs. This will be followed by the extra towns, and then the store updates and misc. content up to the most recent update. I will then install the manual patch, and the ultimate fix.
Does this sound like a good "plan of attack", or should I make some modifications?
I am also curious about the skipping all of the "# Crack" folders. Does this mean that I should not do any of the cracks for any of the games, or should I not install the cracks for these games: Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Back to top Go down

Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice Empty Re: Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice

Post by Admin Fri 31 Aug 2012, 16:04

Hello,

It means you do not need to use any of the "# Crack" folders, except for the one that comes with the Ultimate Fix.
All correct instructions can be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
There's no specific order for the separate expansion packs though.

As for the worlds and Store Updates, you can install them at any time.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice Empty Re: Downloading all of the expansions/stuff packs... some advice

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 18:17

The base game installed fine, and I am able to play (although I do get a message that I am not playing a retail copy of the game). I installed World Adventures with no problem, but when I installed High End Loft Stuff I received an error that there was no disc in the computer. I then decided to install the next stuff pack (Fast Lane) and while the no disc error was gone, the game never actually popped up for me to test. Can you suggest something? The next pack I was going to install was going to be Late Night, followed by Ambitions.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 31 Aug 2012, 23:04

Hello,

The crack from the fix requires at least one of the following expansions: Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations. So if you install either one of those next, and use the crack from the fix (assuming you also used the manual patch) you should be able to test.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)