Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem. Empty The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem.

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018, 13:25

Hi there.I'm having a problem with installing the sims 2 complete collection.When I start the AutoRun.exe file in the The Sims 2 (Base game) - Double Deluxe Edition,I'm facing this error 'the problem occurred when trying to transfer the file E:\ The Sims 2 (Base game) -Double Deluxe Edition\Base\TSData\Control\control0.dat from the media.Can someone please help with this ? Thanks  Help

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem.

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018, 13:29

All I can suggest is to install the Sims 2 via Zclient/ZLOrigin.
Everything is performed automatically and after installation you can play off-line.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Complete Collection Installation Problem.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jan 2018, 14:57

macfadyen wrote:Hi there.I'm having a problem with installing the sims 2 complete collection.When I start the AutoRun.exe file in the The Sims 2 (Base game) - Double Deluxe Edition,I'm facing this error 'the problem occurred when trying to transfer the file E:\ The Sims 2 (Base game) -Double Deluxe Edition\Base\TSData\Control\control0.dat from the media.Can someone please help with this ? Thanks  Help

Hello and welcome to the Forum @macfadyen,

Can you give us more information about the way you are trying to install this...are you trying to install the Complete Collection of TS2 on the E: drive? Also, did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the (15GB) .rar archive file?

Tarac wrote:All I can suggest is to install the Sims 2 via Zclient/ZLOrigin.
Everything is performed automatically and after installation you can play off-line.

I've been noticing these posts (ever since) from you; in that these messages look "helpful", but at closer inspection don't help much. In this case, and whatever you personally think about G4TW's torrents, wouldn't you say it is easier/more practical to try and assist the user at first with their current download, and only if everything fails suggest to download something else...? 

And if you absolutely wanted to go that route, HOW exactly can one play TS2 on zlOrigin offline? I know it, and you know it, but does the topic starter know?

I'm not necessarily contesting your basic goodwill, but in the end if all you can say is use alternative downloads, your "help" is not so badly needed on here. 

But please continue, if you so choose.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jan 2018, 15:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
I've been noticing these posts (ever since) from you; in that these messages look "helpful", but at closer inspection don't help much. In this case, and whatever you personally think about G4TW's torrents, wouldn't you say it is easier/more practical to try and assist the user at first with their current download, and only if everything fails suggest to download something else...? 

And if you absolutely wanted to go that route, HOW exactly can one play TS2 on zlOrigin offline? I know it, and you know it, but does the topic starter know?

I'm not necessarily contesting your basic goodwill, but in the end if all you can say is use alternative downloads, your "help" is not so badly needed on here. 

But please continue, if you so choose.
I agree to what you state above.
But take a closer look at the question of the TS. Do you understand the question without further asking ? I don't and apparently neither could you.

To play Sims 2 (ZLOrigin) off line needs no further explanation. Once it is installed you can play it off-line without further need of Zclient or ZLOrigin.
So by installing this way, you simply can not do anything wrong, it's all done for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jan 2018, 15:26

Tarac wrote:But take a closer look at the question of the TS. Do you understand the question without further asking ? I don't.

To say something in your favor...yes, the issue has been a point of contention ever since the appointment of new Helpers/Moderators. Giving the same replies or asking the same follow-up questions can indeed be exhausting at times. Especially on days where you generally feel exhausted due to the other obligations in real-life, or otherwise.

It is difficult enough for me (and I don't get bored easily), now imagine the average kid/young adult with the stereotypically short attention span, making it to a team member position on here, and being confronted with that. They don't usually last long, and best ones among them last on average a year. Tops.

Breaking the monotony is a task not to be underestimated, but it would be far off-topic to dwell further on the issue here.  Looking for bad joke

One thing that I myself have done in the past is to simply copy/paste, especially longer answers, into new threads. Maybe make small modifications, but in essence copy/paste. Not very elegant, but very efficient.

Aadmien liekesss!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top