Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 1 complete collection installation problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 1 complete collection installation problem Empty Sims 1 complete collection installation problem

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 19:01

Forum is confusing as to where this goes as it is called The Sims (3) section and there is no where for Sims 1 or 2 so i'm just putting it here.

I downloaded a .rar from and it was games4theworld tagged. I cannot post exact link here unfortunately.
I followed instructions word for word. So far so good until I press sims.exe to play the game; I get the following:
"Update
It has come to our attention that you have installed another Sims expansion pack after The Sims Makin' Magic. For this to work properly, The Sims Makin Magic installer will now update your installation. Select OK to proceed."

and so it goes on forever telling me to insert disk until I end the process via task manager (as it never goes away). I am using windows 7, and my PC is nearly 2 years old if that helps. Thanks.

//EDIT

Well i've found a solution as far as I know i just ran it as administrator on the right click . Dunno why this happens its weird

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 complete collection installation problem Empty Re: Sims 1 complete collection installation problem

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 09:38

I had to make an account for this site just to say thank you for figuring that out LOL. I had exactly the same problem as you 2 year old laptop.oh my god the pop ups.. probably installed it about 4 times than running as admin worked first try. it really is sad that this site didnt even have a sims 1 area ):

Back to top Go down

Sims 1 complete collection installation problem Empty Re: Sims 1 complete collection installation problem

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:03

Happy that I could help someone else Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top