Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble Empty Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 21:55

I have copy + pasted the sims 4 get to work download to the folder in which the original game is installed (and replaced all the things it asked me to replace) but when I start the game, it only starts up the original plain Sims 4 game and not the expansion pack. Do I have to install the expansion pack, and if so, how? I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment...

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble Empty Re: Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 22:24

Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble 23lo8ya

Just did something with my anti virus and now not even the original game will start. The error message above comes up...

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble Empty Re: Installing Sims 4 get to work - trouble

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 22:29

i had the same problem but here is the answer

killercolors wrote:If you have origin running you have to shut it off. Not just go offline, but actually exit out of the Origin program.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19574-install-the-sims-4-get-to-work-solved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 22:33

I have tried that but if origin is not started up the game doesnt do anything at all. I don't even get an error, it just won't start up WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Thank you though!!

EDIT: Decided to reinstall and therefore wanted to uninstall but somehow the map is still in program files even after uninstalling? Do I need to remove it from there completely? I have tried but it gives me an error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 15:55

anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 17:22

Somehow I managed to do it! So nevermind Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 17:04

How did you manage to do it? I've been trying to resolve this problem for a while and researching about it but no luck WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 12:47

Um well it wouldn't install at first so I literally deleted every single file one by one so I could find out what the problem was, then it finally told me what the problem was and closed a process via task manager.... can't remember which one.

Then I reinstalled everything and all of a sudden it worked. I do have to copy + paste the expansion pack every single time i wanna play otherwise it's gonna start up without the expansion pack... super weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 06:02

Oh, that is weird. Yeah I also managed to get it to work. I think what did it is that I disabled the anti-virus program that was running just while installing GTW, as well as previously adding the files to the exclusion lists on the anti-virus program. It was basically a constant trial and error process til I managed to get it done :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 11:39

umm is this about the latest TS4 ultimate fix get to work? I mean I downloaded it and it worked well; with the basement, outdoor retreat and holiday thingies but I can't find any get to works stuffs like new jobs and aliens? Is something wrong or am I just dumb? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 May 2015, 10:42

The "Contents of your user data ......" error:

Open My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 folder.
Rightclick on GameVersion
Open it with f.e. Notepad
Change it to 1.5.139.1020
Save file.

Make sure that in Origin "Automatic updating" is disabled

If GameVersion shows 1.6.69.1020 then your downloaded games have been ruined.
Install Outdoor Retreat and GTW again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 May 2015, 20:38

I did Tarac option and While the Game DID boot it still didnt install the DLC/Expansion. I still got the Same Error but ingame....back to square one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top