Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26' Empty Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26'

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2012, 08:02

Hi there,
So, I've been searching for someone with this same problem on here and on the sims3.com forums but I seem to be the only one.
I've recently switched internet providers and have been able to download games because I have a bigger cap, so I started downloading sims games from you guys, and I've never ever had a problem before (which is awesome, cheers!!). I've also never had a technical problem that I couldn't fix myself, which is why this is so frustrating.
I downloaded your store updates 1 to 26, installed them fine, used them fine with my game, but about a sim day and a half in, maybe two, my game crashes. Just freezes completely. Never ever had a problem with G4TW games until now, never had a problem with any custom content except slowing down my game a bit (which I don't really care about because it happens to everyone). I really don't want to delete any of it because it would be a complete waste of download.
I've also been warned not to download mods, because they can wreck your game, and I really don't want to download and install games all over again. Apparently some 'overwatch' mod can help with freezing but I want to be careful.
Cheers in advance!

Back to top Go down

Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26' Empty Re: Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26'

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 25 Apr 2012, 08:14

Hello,

Overwatch is safe, as are all mods by that developer. I've been using those mods for 2 years, never gave me any problems.
I'm not sure these crashes are related to the store updates 1-26. Unless you are using other content as well, then, there could be a conflict.
Package files in general can cause some problems, depending on your pc. If it's low-end there could be issues.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26' Empty Re: Game freezing completely after installing 'Store Updates 1 to 26'

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2012, 08:19

That's the thing, I don't even have content from the exchange because I didn't want my game to freeze! Aha Murphy's Law, dammit. I'll try Overwatch, thanks heaps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 25 Apr 2012, 08:57

Hi there,

Overwatch won't let your game freeze, it's there to prevent such things, so don't worry!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top