Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets Question Empty Sims 3 Pets Question

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2012, 16:35

Hiya,

I don't want to sound incredibly stupid or anything, but I have a question that I hope you can answer for me. I have a downloaded version of the Sims 3 base game. It's been updated to the latest version of 1.33. The game seems to be working as it is right now, but I want to download the Sims 3 Pets. My question is will the Sims 3 Pets download form your torrent on TPB be compatible with the updated version of the Sims 3 that I have now? I know that sometimes cracks can be tricky, so I don't want to download a version of the Sims 3 Pets that is only compatible with version 1.24 or something because I've updated past that point. If the Sims 3 Pets on TPB is compatible then I will download, but if it isn't do you have another version that is?

Thanks, and sorry if this quest has been answered before. =)

Leslie

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets Question Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets Question

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Apr 2012, 21:24

Hello,

Normally our Pets version will be compatible with most base games. Unless it's a modified installer that was pre-installed, pre-updated or pre-cracked when you downloaded it. If that is the case, you probably wont be able to use any expansion torrent out there and you'll need a different version of the base game. G4TW also has a base game download available.
But if this is a non-modified base game, there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to install Pets. After installing it, the fix has just the crack you need to play.
And if you do run into problems, don't hesitate to post and we'll do what we can to help solve your problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2012, 21:34

Hi There,

So I downloaded the Sims 3 Pets....I downloaded and installed it jut the way I was supposed to....I followed the instructions to a "T"....however when I start the game now...whether I click on the Sims 3 icon or the Sims 3 Pet...it starts to load and then the screen stays black. I push Alt, Control, and Delete to open the task manager and when I do the black screen then has a pop up window on it saying that I have modified content loaded that might not be compatible.

Now, when I downloaded my original version of Sims...I had to install it and then crack it myself. It had one update included, but I had to update the crack so that it matched the version that I have. I updated the game to 1.33 and put a new crack in so that the base game would work.

When I downloaded, ran, and installed the Sims 3 Pets, I put both of the items from the crack file into the proper folder. Then when I clicked the game it did the above issue with the black screen.

Do you know what I need to do to fix this? Do I need to reistall? If so, I have my saved games backed up so I didn't lose them, can I put those back into the game and have them work properly?

Thank you!

//EDIT

Oh, I also forgot to add that when the screen is black with the little warning pop up, it says "quit" or "continue" or something along those lines....and if I hit continue it proceeds to start up properly. However, I figure if I have to go through the black screen, Alt+control+delete, and hit continue just to play....I'm doing it wrong. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Apr 2012, 21:52

Hello,

The Unofficial game modification error is usually caused by an outdated crack, or outdated mods.
Can you show a screenshot of the folder, which also shows "date modified" of TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:00

They were both modified 10-18-2011....if that helps?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:12

Hello,

Yes it does, thank you.
I think you used the crack from the file you downloaded, is that correct?
That one is outdated and you need the one from the fix I linked you to earlier. It's located in the #crack folder.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 18:30

Hi there,

So last night I checked in my bin file and found that the TS3W was missing for some reason. I think I must have accidentally deleted it or something. However, I got it back and I put it in the file and it started working properly...if not a little slow...but working nonetheless. Even though it was working I figured it would be a good idea to update my files so that they are the newest, everything has been updated and installed, and so far it seems to be working alright. I'll keep you posted and let you know whether or not everything works alright.

As of right now I am opening and playing The Sims 3 Pets through the desktop icon...hopefully that's what I'm supposed to be doing. I wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to use the base game icon because that's where I updated the crack. If you have any idea whether I'm supposed to use one rather than the other...that would be awesome to know. To be honest I'm not sure that the base game icon will even work. =)

Now that my game is updated, is there a reason that it should be moving a little more slowly than it was before I updated it? I assumed that it was because there was new material added to the game...ie...now objects and what not. Is slowing down normal? Or is that a sign that there is something wrong with the files??

Thank you for all of your help, sorry if I'm being a pain.

-Leslie

//EDIT

Also, I downloaded the Sims 3 Store Updates 1-30 from TPB...I can't give you the link because I'm a new member, but the poster of the file is thejester39 and the file is called Sims 3 Store Updates 1-30 In Single .Package File

Now I've read somewhere that the downloaded store updates wont work on a downloaded copy of the sims 3 because the items are encrypted and wont work. However I know that you guys have most of the sims 3 store updates downloaded and it is said that they will work. I just want to know if the file I downloaded will work because if not I'm just doing to delete it and download the ones you guys have. =) Thanksies!!!

Last edited by Thoughts Like Raindrops on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 18:47; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Apr 2012, 18:41

Hello,

The base game icon should work fine, as will the launcher.
The first time loading a game after installing a new expansion or patch can take a little longer than usual and it can stay a little slower than you were used to because of the addition of new content indeed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 18:48

Okay, and I added this above, but I don't know if you saw it!

"//EDIT

Also, I downloaded the Sims 3 Store
Updates 1-30 from TPB...I can't give you the link because I'm a new
member, but the poster of the file is thejester39 and the file is called
Sims 3 Store Updates 1-30 In Single .Package File

Now I've read
somewhere that the downloaded store updates wont work on a downloaded
copy of the sims 3 because the items are encrypted and wont work.
However I know that you guys have most of the sims 3 store updates
downloaded and it is said that they will work. I just want to know if
the file I downloaded will work because if not I'm just doing to delete
it and download the ones you guys have. =) Thanksies!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Apr 2012, 18:51

Hello,

I didn't see that.
No these will likely work, you can assume that store objects on TPB have been decrapified. I think these are packages, which makes it even more likely that they'll work.
You can always download the ones we have if they don't.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 19:03

Okie-dokie,

Thanks you so much for all of your help Lady ElDi!

I'm hoping that the downoaded store updates package works because the person who put it on TPB said it's one package instead of many, so it shouldn't slow the game down too much. =)

I will let you know how it goes!

-Leslie

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Apr 2012, 21:10

Hello,

Please do Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix