Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 20:06

Hello, and thanks for being awesome.

I have some potentially dumb questions, but I'd like to double-check to make sure I understand things correctly.

Regarding the Sims 3 update patches you guys provide, are they incremental or is the latest one all I need (for now)? If I've already applied 1.33, can I go ahead and apply 1.34? If I've patched and then decide to install another EP or SP, will that break anything?

Thank you,
LP

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 11 Jun 2012, 15:14

Hello,

Don't worry, dumb questions do not exist at Games4theworld's.
The manual patch we provide HERE is cumulative, meaning it already includes all previous updates!
So every time a new patch is released, you may remove the old manual patch and download the new one.

Hope that clears up! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jun 2012, 22:06

Admin wrote:Hello,

Don't worry, dumb questions do not exist at Games4theworld's.
The manual patch we provide HERE is cumulative, meaning it already includes all previous updates!
So every time a new patch is released, you may remove the old manual patch and download the new one.

Hope that clears up! Wink

Oh, so I have to remove a previous patch before applying a new one? Good to know. I would have just put it right on top! How do I do that? The patches don't show up as programs to be uninstalled.

Thank you,
LP

Last edited by LittlePenguin on Mon 11 Jun 2012, 22:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realized something...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Jun 2012, 20:35

Hello,

No, there's no need to uninstall the patches (it's not even possible), since a patch is just an installed replacing all the modified files and updating all the files that need to be updated.
The patch won't install a program or anything, it will only update the files in your installation folders.

For example, if you're on version 1.29 of The Sims 3, you just need to apply the manual v1.34 cumulative patch from the link provided in my previous e-mail, run it and you're done! Your game is now updated to the latest version currently available!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 20:51

Admin wrote:Hello,

No, there's no need to uninstall the patches (it's not even possible), since a patch is just an installed replacing all the modified files and updating all the files that need to be updated.
The patch won't install a program or anything, it will only update the files in your installation folders.

For example, if you're on version 1.29 of The Sims 3, you just need to apply the manual v1.34 cumulative patch from the link provided in my previous e-mail, run it and you're done! Your game is now updated to the latest version currently available!

Ah. Well, that makes things very easy!

Thank you,
LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Jun 2012, 21:19

Hi there,

We prefer easy here. Wink
Please do let us know if you need any more assistance!

For now, happy simming! The Sims 3 Update Patch 1.34 ? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top