Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Update question. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Update question. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Update question. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 03:10

Hi !

I have installed Sims3 and all expansion packs from G4TW and followed all the instructions (eventually ! Lol !) but there is a problem with trying to update after applying the Latest Fix.

After I have installed the expansion packs, and before I apply the 'Town Life Crack' I updated the game, as instructed and it updated to 1.24 up to step 10 of the Latest Fix instructions ... but once I carried out Step 11, (copying the 2 Town Life TS patched files into the Base Game Bin) and applying the Town Life Crack, my game reverts back to 'Version 9.0.73.012001' - This is obviously a problem to do with Town Life patch - The game reverts to 9.0.73.012001 as soon as I carry out Step 10.

I have put the 'Base Game' files back in the Sims folder, to undo step 10 and 11 and it's back to Version 1.24 but that means I dont have Town Life installed - or the final Crack applied.

Can someone please help - I've been trying to sort this for my daughter for DAYS !

Thanks guys ! Sims 3 Update question. [SOLVED] 2279017149

Thanks

Last edited by Admin on Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Tried undoing patch)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Update question. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Update question. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:30

Hello,

Just follow all the steps exactly as written, so that means put the crack back and don't apply any other crack other than the one for Town Life Stuff.

V1.24 is the version of the base game. If you haven't applied the crack for Town Life Stuff yet, it won't show up on the launcher. When you've applied the TLS crack and open the launcher, you'll see another version, because the launcher will always show the version of the newest expansion, which in this case is TLS. Hold your mouse on the base game's icon on the launcher; it should say "1.24".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:54

Right ok, Ive done that and holding the icon over the sims does indeed show 1.24. I was getting confused because the 'Version' in the launcher was showing 9.0.73.012001. Now I know that the launcher shows the latest expansion version it all makes sense. Thank you so much for clearing that up. Hopefully my daughter will be able to play it now.

A big thank you for all your support Smile

Oh .... one more question ... I now have shortcut icons for all the different expansion packs on my desktop - which one do I click on to play the game - or do you click the individual ones to play the individual expansion pack ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:57

SuzieD wrote:Right ok, Ive done that and holding the icon over the sims does indeed show 1.24. I was getting confused because the 'Version' in the launcher was showing 9.0.73.012001. Now I know that the launcher shows the latest expansion version it all makes sense. Thank you so much for clearing that up. Hopefully my daughter will be able to play it now.

A big thank you for all your support Smile

Oh .... one more question ... I now have shortcut icons for all the different expansion packs on my desktop - which one do I click on to play the game - or do you click the individual ones to play the individual expansion pack ?
Hello,

Actually you only need 1 icon, because it doesn't matter which one you click, you'll always get in the same game and the same launcher. When you've started the game, it will show the loading screen of the latest expansion game installed, but don't worry: all the features of the other expansions all automatically integrated in the game.

You're more than welcome. Please let us know if you run into any more problems and to you and your daughter: have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male