Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sims 3 generations installation problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 generations installation problem. Empty the sims 3 generations installation problem.

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 17:47

hi, i've got some problem here and i hope you guys can help me.

when i open the InstallShield Wizard it says that setup has detected that the sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed.
It says that'Sims3EP04Setup.exe' didn't install correctly. What did I do wrong? When I downloaded it, all the files opened with WinZip
What should i do?
thanks.

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 generations installation problem. Empty Re: the sims 3 generations installation problem.

Post by Admin Thu 24 May 2012, 21:12

Hello,

First of all, welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
As for your problem, please try as following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!) When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 generations installation problem. Empty Re: the sims 3 generations installation problem.

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 02:17

i've extract it using winrar, and done everything you've told but the problems it still there. What should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 May 2012, 15:37

Hello,

Please try as following:

*Backup your savegames

1. Remove the base game, using Your Uninstaller! Pro, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org .
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall the game using the method I described in my previous post and following these directions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top