Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED] Empty A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 16:10

Hey guys,

Right now I'm downloading the expansion and stuff packs, and preparing myself mentally for the install (lol).
My questions are:

1 - Yesterday I downloaded some store content from this site (NOT CC CONTENT) including some worlds and most of the stuff from 2011-2012. I read a tutorial on decrapifying the files so that they would work on the launcher (I have a store bought base game, but i had used my serial to register with an e-mail that I no longer have access to, and thus am unavailable to register right now and download things legitimately). I have not decrapyfied or installed the store stuff yet, since I'm not sure if it will affect my installing the expansion and stuff packs later on. Is it OK for me to install the store content and decrapify it? Will it affect my installing the expansion packs and stuff packs later on?

2 - I am installing ALL stuff and expansion packs. Some of them are from games4theworld, but do to seed issues some of the torrents are from other places (KAT and piratebay, not sure of who uploaded them). Is the install process the same? (I read the install process for gamed4theworld).

3 - Lastly, is me having the actual non-torrented base game going to affect me trying to install the expansion and stuff packs that are torrented? And will I need to continue using the CD for the base game when I want to play?

Thanks, sorry it's long Sad! Hope you guys can help me out!

Back to top Go down

A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED] Empty Re: A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 03 Jun 2012, 16:33

Hello,

1. No, downloaded content for the game should not affect the installation(s) in any way. Decrapified or not.

2. Yes, you still have to follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly . Just be sure you're not using any modified installers.

3. No, all expansions should work just fine with an original/retail base game... as long as the installers are not modified.

Good luck and please let us know if you need any kind of assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED] Empty Re: A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 17:38

Admin wrote:Hello,

1. No, downloaded content for the game should not affect the installation(s) in any way. Decrapified or not.

2. Yes, you still have to follow these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly . Just be sure you're not using any modified installers.

3. No, all expansions should work just fine with an original/retail base game... as long as the installers are not modified.

Good luck and please let us know if you need any kind of assistance during the process!

Thank youuuu so much! Smile Just one question... what do you mean by "modified" installers?

//EDIT

Hey guys, so I'm starting the install process for the expansion and stuff packs. My question is, once I insall the say, World Adventures expansion, is it OK if I delete the file I downloaded from you guys and just keep the installed one in the EA folder or do I have to keep everything? I'm just trying to save disk space!

Also does anyone have any tips on saving space as far as the sims 3 goes? I'm installing every expansion and stuff packs so it's using up a lot

And the second question is, I'm trying to install store content (not CC), but whenever i open the launcher to install it says that I need to update my software to the latest version... my sims 3 is 1.33, and I decrapifyied the things I downloaded (they're .sims3pack). But I still get the same error... Help please?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 04 Jun 2012, 09:46

Hello,

For future reference, please keep all your questions in the same topic if it hasn't been closed yet. That's easier for us since all information is in the same topic. We often get so many questions here that it can be difficult to remember who said what.

A modified installer means that the file is preinstalled or precracked. As long as you get the normal installer window, it'll do fine.

You can delete anything you want after installing the game, but there are a few reasons not to.
If you delete the rar file you downloaded, you can no longer seed it. This is frowned upon because torrenting depends on sharing. Seed it to at least a ratio of 1 before stopping it. That way, you've shared about as much as you've downloaded. I usually seed 3 copies of a non-G4TW torrent before transferring the file to my other drive and stopping it in my client. I seed G4TW torrents until I need the space on my harddrive. Usually about 15 copies or more.
Aside from that, you'll have to redownload the rar if you have to reinstall for some reason. If you want to clear some space, delete the files you extracted in stead.

You don't have to decrapify the store content downloaded from our mediafire account, it has already been decrapified. That might be why it's not installing. Unless you've kept the originals, I think you'll have to redownload everything, but I'll find out if that's true, so don't do anything until you've heard from me. <- scrap that.

Do you have all the expansionpacks? It's possible that some of the objects require a specific expansion or stuff pack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jun 2012, 02:35

Sorry about the topic thing! I'm new so I didn't know Sad

I'm ok with keeping the .rar files, as long as I can delete what I extract Smile

As far as the store content goes, most of it I was able to install after decrapifying it, but some of it would give me the same error (needing a software update). I can survive with the stuff that wasn't installed, but Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay won't install, whereas Riverview will install but once I try to make a new game and open Riverview all I get is Sunset Valley and Lunar Springs... Sad which is weird... I haven't installed the expansions yet (still downloading them, I've been at it for the past week). Do hidden springs or barnacle bay require an expansion pack??

Also, my game is already updated to version 1.33 , do I need to apply the patch to update in the "how to install the sims 3 correctly" thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 05 Jun 2012, 09:26

Hello,

No problem about the topics Smile

It's unclear why some sims3packs don't install. There are other methods but these apply to objects and casparts, not worlds.

You may have an old Riverview file that doesn't work with this patch level, perhaps this is of use to you.
If these worlds appear to install, but then don't show up in game, you can try this

If they fail to install, try to redownload those specific sims3packs.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 20:23

Hey, well i got the store content problem fixed. Now, I'm having issues with the WA expansion. When I try to install, I get an error that says that "my regional code isn't compatible to the sims 3" or something like that. I've read about changing the SKU, but I have no idea how to do this, or if it's even my problem Sad Help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Jun 2012, 21:34

Olivia de Bosanquet wrote:Hey, well i got the store content problem fixed. Now, I'm having issues with the WA expansion. When I try to install, I get an error that says that "my regional code isn't compatible to the sims 3" or something like that. I've read about changing the SKU, but I have no idea how to do this, or if it's even my problem Sad Help?
Hello,

Have you tried reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" on how to change the SKU code via the Registry?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 21:36

Admin wrote:
Olivia de Bosanquet wrote:Hey, well i got the store content problem fixed. Now, I'm having issues with the WA expansion. When I try to install, I get an error that says that "my regional code isn't compatible to the sims 3" or something like that. I've read about changing the SKU, but I have no idea how to do this, or if it's even my problem Sad Help?
Hello,

Have you tried reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" on how to change the SKU code via the Registry?

Yup, I did, I just managed to change the SKU about 5 min. ago, but towards the end of the installation i got an error message saying that the value in the SKU wasn't compatible with the .cab file in the instalation... I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Jun 2012, 21:37

Hello,

What the... to what value did you change it?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 21:39

I changed it to 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 08 Jun 2012, 21:59

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jun 2012, 22:02

I'm on the chatbox, but it says no one is online... or maybe I just don't know how to use it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 09 Jun 2012, 23:35

Hello,

So, what is the result?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 03:33

Hellooo! Smile Everything is installed and works PERFECTLY! I installed every expansion and stuff pack (except the base game, which I already had). Everything works fine, I haven't gotten any errors, the game doesn't lag or anything. Sooo happy Smile Thanks to you guys for your support, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you! Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:01

Hello,

Glad to hear it worked!
Enjoy the game and do not hesitate to contact us if you run into any more issues! A few questions about installing the Sims 3! :) (yes I read the "how to install"!) [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top