Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED] Empty HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 12:16

Im am trying to follow the 'Pets Step by Step' topic from this site, and am having issues!
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2341-the-sims-3-pets-step-by-step-installation-with-fixes

I get to step 2. Unrar stuff... What am i Unraring? The Exe? I downloaded Stuffit like the tutorial said and it says "Cant determine File Type". I tried other files in that folder and they all say the same... I tried using Keka and UnRarX that i already have on my Mac but neither work....

Im using a Mac Mini on 10.6.8. I have Base Game, Late Night, World Adventures, Generations and Ambitions already all of which are store bought from around the world.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED] Empty Re: HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 12:43

if you're on a mac, the .exe file won't run because mac's can't determine what it is.

Back to top Go down

HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED] Empty Re: HELP! Cant open the Exe. file to install pets... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 12:58

I know that you cant run a Exe. But there are ways... The tutorial is for setup ON a mac. The OP got it working.... Ive finally got it working through using WineBottler, the Installer opens but i get a Popup saying "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product". But ive got the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 17:46

nomih3 wrote:I know that you cant run a Exe. But there are ways... The tutorial is for setup ON a mac. The OP got it working.... Ive finally got it working through using WineBottler, the Installer opens but i get a Popup saying "This product requires an installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sims 3 before installing this product". But ive got the base game?
Hello,

Where did you get the base game from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:00

Base game was bought in the US from a store. Expansions are all either from Australia or the US, and Generations was a Paid for download...
Does that matter?

//EDIT

Think i MAY have figured it out... Ill report back Smile

//EDIT

Got it Smile
I forgot that i Unrard the whole thing two weeks ago on my Laptop(That i
use for downloads) when i first downloaded it. So i wasnt sure what i
was sposed to Unrar now once i had moved it to my Base computer! All
good!

Thanks for your prompt help!

Admin edit: Please do not double-post, but use the "Edit" button on your message instead! Thank you.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 19:06

Hello,

Glad to hear you got it to work yourself!
Enjoy playing the game and please let us know if there's anything else we could help you with!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top