Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem Empty The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem

Post by Guest Sat 18 Sep 2010, 09:49

I installed your Sims 3 World Adventures but when I try to start the game it says Unable to start:Please reinstall the base game.What do I have to do?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem Empty Re: The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem

Post by Narong30 Sat 18 Sep 2010, 11:18

71Kostum wrote:I installed your Sims 3 World Adventures but when I try to start the game it says Unable to start:Please reinstall the base game.What do I have to do?

Hello,
I guess download and install ambition can fix your problem. This is only my suggestion.
Wait for the Admin respond for clear/complete instruction.

Thanks.

Last edited by Narong30 on Sat 18 Sep 2010, 11:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sayang Kamu Semua ( Games4theworld ))
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem Empty Re: The Sims 3 World Adventures installation problem

Post by Admin Sun 19 Sep 2010, 13:02

71Kostum wrote:I installed your Sims 3 World Adventures but when I try to start the game it says Unable to start:Please reinstall the base game.What do I have to do?

Hello,

Please do the following to fix your problem:

First backup your SaveGames.

1. Uninstall The Sims 3 and all its expansions.
2. Restart your PC.
3. Reinstall The Sims 3.
4. Reinstall WA.*
5. Reinstall HELS.*
6. Install Ambitions. (Otherwise the launcher won't work!)
7. Install Fast Lane Stuff.*

* = Optional
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Sep 2010, 08:08

Hello,
I have done that but it doesn`t work.

After i installed Ambitions i tryed to star the game on crack but I get an error message saying: Error Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your base game.

But my launcher says that game is up to date (version 1.15.34).

When I try to run the game with launcher I get another message:
It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your currrent version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get update versions of them-otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

After this message I have to restart my computer besause it freezes.
I downloaded your fix but in install instruction it says that it is for Windows Vista and 7 and I have Xp

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Wed 22 Sep 2010, 10:07

71Kostum wrote:Hello,
I have done that but it doesn`t work.

After i installed Ambitions i tryed to star the game on crack but I get an error message saying: Error Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your base game.

But my launcher says that game is up to date (version 1.15.34).

When I try to run the game with launcher I get another message:
It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your currrent version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get update versions of them-otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

After this message I have to restart my computer besause it freezes.
I downloaded your fix but in install instruction it says that it is for Windows Vista and 7 and I have Xp

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Hello,
Please scroll down at your Ambition fix installation guide. At the bottom of Windows 7 and Vista fix installation guide, you can guide for Windows XP.
But here, I included the Guide:

Applying the FIX on WINDOWS XP:

1. Open "Start" and click on "Run". Type "regedit" and press [ENTER].
2. Now, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims.
3. In this folder ("Sims"), you'll see the names of the Sims games you've Installed on your system. Open
the folders one by one and check their SKU value. They should be as following:

The Sims 3 base game...........: 2
The Sims 3: World Adventures...: 2
The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff: 1
The Sims 3: Ambitions..........: 1

If yours says something else, just double-click on "SKU" and change it to the value shown above.

4. Open the "The Sims 3" folder in this .rar file and copy + paste the two files in there to:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them with the existing ones.
5. Now open the "The Sims 3 - Ambitions" folder in this .rar file and copy + paste the two files in there
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin and REPLACE them with the existing
ones.
6. Now start the Game and... ENJOY playing!
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top