Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures installation problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures installation problem Empty World Adventures installation problem

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 05:18

I have a problem trying to set up world adventures. 
I press the set up button and then it says "The setup has detected that the regional installation code for The Sims 3 is different then what this expansion requires"

Im sure there's already a thread about this, but I've tried looking. 
So I'm not sure how to fix this problem. I've downloaded several other expansion packs and it worked fine, no problems except this one. 
Please help ):

Back to top Go down

World Adventures installation problem Empty Re: World Adventures installation problem

Post by J.T. Fri 27 Sep 2013, 05:20

Hello,

In the installation guide of The Sims 3: World Adventures torrent, there should be instructions on how to change the region code.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

World Adventures installation problem Empty Re: World Adventures installation problem

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 22:51

Okay, thank you. But as I followed the instructions, I couldn't find the folder to finish the process. It says to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3, but I can't find the Sims folder in the SOFTWARE.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 28 Sep 2013, 07:28

seeunmary wrote:Okay, thank you. But as I followed the instructions, I couldn't find the folder to finish the process. It says to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3, but I can't find the Sims folder in the SOFTWARE.
Hello,

If you are 64-bit, the folder you should be looking for is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Wow6432Node >> Sims.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top