Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me! Empty I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me!

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 03:49

I read the how to install the sims 3 correctly, and decided to try it since nothing else has worked. However when I came to the step where I was downloading the fix, the fix won't open. It asks me to choose a program to open it with, which doesn't make sense. It was supposed to be a folder, right? I just want to point out that I carefully read every step and followed it exactly the way I was supposed to. So what should I do? Is something wrong with the fix or am I just being an idiot?

Back to top Go down

I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me! Empty Re: I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me!

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2012, 14:37

Yes, the fix is a folder, but because there is so much stuff inside of
it the folder needed to be compressed using a program called winrar. Now
the folder is inside of a .rar file. You need winrar to open it:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

At the top of the page you will see
Winrar x86 (32bit) 4.20
Winrar x64 (64bit) 4.20

Is your operating system 64 bit or 32 bit? If you don't know then it is probably 32 bit. Download the one that is compatible with your operating system and install it. When you open the ultimate fix open it using winrar.
winrar is free, but it will nag you to pay for a full version. Ignore it.

Back to top Go down

I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me! Empty Re: I can't open the ultimate fix for the sims 3, please help me!

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jun 2012, 15:58

Hello,

You can also download the full version of WinRAR 4.00 from www.games4theworld.org .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 02:57

Thank you so much, I'll try Very Happy

//EDIT

I applied the fix, and now it made my computer crash with the game all together. Any idea if I did anything wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 04:58

@Admin
I didn't know you guys had the full version of Winrar 4.00. That's awesome! Very Happy I'm going to use that.

@MonicaMandana

I haven't heard of it causing the computer itself to crash. That sounds like you have a more serious problem than just the sims not working properly. Does your computer meet the minimum requirements to play the sims 3:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

Does your computer have a virus or any other problem that would cause instability? Run an antivirus program to make sure you don't have any malware on your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jun 2012, 10:20

Hello,

The fix doesn't crash your game or your computer, unless you applied it incorrectly. Did you use the manual patch and apply the fix carefully?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 14:53

I have a completely new computer and it does meet the requirements. It doesn't have any virus. I applied the manuel patch before I applied the ultimate fix as this link told me to: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
But what do you mean by carefully?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 15:16

I don't know what to say about your computer itself crashing. I can't really imagine how the fix would cause that. Are you double sure that the sims 3 is installed correctly?

The computer crashing makes me suspect that there is a larger problem, like the computer having some kind of instability issues,not enough memory, or a malware infection. Sometimes torrents can carry viruses, and only use GFTW torrents that have come directly from their account at the pirate bay. Sometimes people will repost their torrents on other websites and add a few nasty surprises. I strongly suggest that you run a few powerful antivirus and antimalware programs just to be safe. Has your computer crashed before or only this once? Were you doing anything else at the time of the crash, like running other programs that might be the culprit?

Have you been able to actually play the Sims 3 game? Does it start and then crash, or are you unable to get it started? If it starts and then later crashes, try using this program to determine roughly what caused your crash:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883

I hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jun 2012, 17:05

Hello,

Crashing is pretty common in The Sims 3 though.
With "carefully" I mean that no files were copied to where they don't belong.
Does it crash at a particular point?
Look here for things to try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 18:00

Actually, after I posted it I tried again after making sure that I've put the files in the right folder. It worked, but now I got a new problem. I can make a new game, but when I try to save it I have to save it under a new name each time and when I try to load the game next time it won't open and it advices me to restart TS3. It appeared after I applied the fix. What do I do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jun 2012, 18:22

Hello,

Have you tried the "Save as..." option and then overwrite the old save?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 18:30

Yes, that's what I do. But when I try to load the save the next time I play it just says that something went wrong and it advices me to restart the program. I restart the program but the error is still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jun 2012, 19:19

Hello,

Ah, that's odd. Please wait for Lady ElDi's reply on this one. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jun 2012, 20:28

Hello,

Is it "A serious error has occurred while loading yoursavegame.sims3, it's recommended you restart the application"?
Did you put the game in compatibility mode for win 95 at all? Because if you did, that's what's causing this error. It doesn't work for everyone.
Try to undo it the same way you did it, and if the same error still occurs, take a look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 20:49

I did what you posted, and I hope it worked. But now I got a whole other problem, so I guess I'm making a new topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jun 2012, 20:50

Hello,

No need to create a new topic, this is your topic, please keep all your problem regarding The Sims 3 in this topic.
Please tell us, what is your new problem?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top