Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED] Empty GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 15:35

With the growing pressure on the pirate bay and the number of countries blocking the website, I'm wondering if it would be somewhat more practical to host the GFTW torrents on a different website, a website a little more under the radar and generally less blocked. I can tell you about one torrent hosting website that is so much under the radar that even the great firewall of China doesn't bother with it. I live in China, so most international torrent sites are blocked, except Kick Ass Torrents
https://kat.ph/
I don't know anything about the practicality of creating an account and hosting the torrents there as opposed to the pirate bay. Perhaps the pirate bay has better offers or something else to make it more appealing. However, the fact that the pirate bay is being blocked by a growing number of counties and that the proxies used to access the site are not always reliable makes me wonder if an alternative torrent hosting site would be better. I only suggest KAT because I know it's not blocked in China, so I don't think it will be blocked by others any time soon. I know that the GFTW torrents get reposted on KAT, and I know that it is less safe to use a reposted torrent than a torrent directly from the GFTW official account. Can the GFTW team consider please this proposal?
Thank you

Last edited by Carlos G. on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 01:12; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED] Empty Re: GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jun 2012, 17:38

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion!
Indeed, we/I did consider, but the thing is that we once started on The Pirate Bay and also want to end there, if necessary, so to speak.
The Pirate Bay has shown that it is possible to keep a torrenting website up and running, if you just put enough time and people in it.
We tried Mininova for a while, but it got closed soon afterwards. The Pirate Bay is reliable and has proven itself.
And yes, it is getting blocked by a lot of countries, but it seems that no one cares. There is always a way to access The Pirate Bay, using proxies and special websites.
Besides, all ® Games4theworld Downloads can also be found on our official website at www.games4theworld.org . Those downloads do not link to The Pirate Bay, so you should be able to download from there too.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED] Empty Re: GFTW official torrent website proposal. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jun 2012, 18:33

Hello,

There's a long list of proxies here, one of them is bound to work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Nov 2012, 09:26

i know one isohunt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Nov 2012, 09:57

storeguy wrote:i know one isohunt.com

That's not a pirate bay proxy Wink
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top