Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansion packs after being extracted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansion packs after being extracted Empty Installing expansion packs after being extracted

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:17

Hello,

I have extracted all of the expansion packs that I have downloaded from the games4theworld site but I do not know how to install them from that point. I followed steps from the How To Install The Sims 3 Properly guide. I am a PC user. I purchased the base game so that is where I am getting confused because the base game wasn't downloaded. After I have extracted the files do I have to take an extra step for each expansion pack to download it?

Thanks! Installing expansion packs after being extracted 1490881299 Installing expansion packs after being extracted 1577371209

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion packs after being extracted Empty Re: Installing expansion packs after being extracted

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:18

Hello,

No, after you extract them with winrar, it's a simple matter of running setup.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion packs after being extracted Empty Re: Installing expansion packs after being extracted

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:23

I'm sorry but what do I do to run the set up? I didn't see anything like that. Do you mean the launcher? I did the fixes and manual patch after the extraction process and then I ran The Sims 3 launcher and none of the expansion packs showed up at the bottom of the launcher window. I played the game to see if anything showed up in the game and still nothing.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:28

Hello,

You extracted the files you downloaded right? Where did you extract them to?
Open that folder and look for the setup.exe. Depending on the expansion, it is called something like sims3SP01setup.exe.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:43

I received an error message stating: The setup has detected that the regional install code for the sims 3 is different than what this expansion requires. This product requires the sims 3 to have the same regional code in order to be installed.

Where to now?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:46

Hello,

Find the Installation Guide in the files you extracted. The steps to take to solve this are in the guide.
I assume it's World Adventures you're installing. If you plan to install Outdoor Living stuff as well, consider installing that one first. That way you won't have to deal with that error at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:50

I installed many of them, world adventures and outdoor living both out of the many. Do I have to do the setup for each one? I cannot find an exe file out of the extracted files. I don't know what I did wrong. When I click on the file folder the only thing I see is contents so I click on that then there are macos, resources, info, and pkginfo. The only thing I see is a tginstall.icns. Otherwise, no other setup/install exe file. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:55

Hello,

Which program did you use to extract it? You need winRAR.
After extracting, you should be looking at the following files and folders, the setup is the circled one.

Installing expansion packs after being extracted Image211
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 13:58

I used the extractor to extract the files. Does it make a difference? How do I undo if so? Just delete and resintall and re-extract?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 14:04

Hello,

Which extractor? It does make a difference unfortunately, our files can get messed up if you don't use winrar.
Do you still have the original file you downloaded? If you do, you can simply reextract it with winrar. If you don't have winrar, you can download it here.
You may want to delete the extracted files you have now, not the original files you downloaded though!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 14:05

I used The Extractor. I will delete them and download WinRar. Thanks for all your help. I will report back if it works. Fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 14:07

Hello,

Good luck and please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 14:16

Cool. It seems to be working properly now. I am currently installing the Master Suite Stuff and I pulled a key gen offline.

//EDIT

Should I reinstall the ultimate fix and manual patch after I am done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 14:55

World Adventures still gives me that same error message: The setup has detected that the
regional install code for the sims 3 is different than what this
expansion requires. This product requires the sims 3 to have the same
regional code in order to be installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Jul 2012, 16:14

Hello,

The installation guide tells you how to change the SKU value in order to install WA.
When you're finished installing everything, just apply the crack from the fix. You shouldn't have to patch again if you already installed patch 1.34.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 06:12

I installed the fix and followed all the directions properly. Just receive the no disc found message over and over. What should I do from here?

//EDIT

So for the World Adventures I got to step 2 but could not find this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3. I do not have sims listed under software and I looked all throughout it. Any ideas? Is it because it isn't downloaded? Do I need to look under another location since I purchased the base game?

//EDIT

Meh. I have given up on all that. I did a system restore to the point before I downloaded all this. I am going to wait until the new fix comes out for the new update and then I shall try again using winrar from the beginning.

Thanks for all your help!

//EDIT

Yay! I reinstalled all of it from the beginning with WinRar the correct way and everything worked great! The only thing that didn't work was the World Adventures. Thanks for all your help! Greatly appreciated!!! Installing expansion packs after being extracted 294340757

Last edited by ksego1010 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 01:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 11 Jul 2012, 09:11

Hello,

Too bad you did, we could've easily helped you out with these last few problems.
The fix will be out within a couple of days.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansion packs after being extracted Empty Help!!!

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 16:59

:newfag: :newfag: :newfag: //EDIT

So for the World Adventures I got to step 2 but could not find this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3. I do not have sims listed under software and I looked all throughout it. Any ideas? Is it because it isn't downloaded? Do I need to look under another location since I purchased the base game?

//EDIT

i have this problem!!! help please!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:23

bossladylane wrote: :newfag: :newfag: :newfag: //EDIT

//EDIT

i have this problem!!! help please!!!

Hello,

Look for it here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 15:48

It seems like its working THanks

//EDIT

I GOT THAT TO WORK I ALSO DOWN LOADED LATE NIGHT SHOWTIME TOWN LIFE GENERATIONS BUT WHEN I GO TO PLAY ITS ASKING FOR THE SHOW TIME DISC Help Sad

//EDIT

I figured it out thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:07

Hello,

That's good to hear Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top