Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP! Empty Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP!

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2011, 19:36

Hello Games4TheWorld, first of all, thanks for all the downloads provided, I recently installed the Sims 3 base game (I'm using the Admin's guide on how to install btw) and I've downloaded also the Wolrd Adventures expansion pack.

I don't know what to do tho, the guide doesn't say anything about updating the game, and when I try to install World Adventures (which is the first expansion pack) it asks me to update Sims 3, and it always fails. Although the guide says I should install Generations pack first, would this mean that I can't install any other expansion after this? Or would the Sims 3 FIX solve this? I don't understand... What should I do? How can I have all the expansion packs? I'm confused! Help Help Help I'm sorry, and thanks in advance for your help.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP! Empty Re: Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP!

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 01:03

From what I read in other places on the internet and here in the forums, you can install the Expansion packs in any order, meaning that if you install the base, and then Generations, you can install any other EP you want afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP! Empty Re: Sims 3 - Installing expansion packs? HELP!

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 01:21

Sareth wrote:From what I read in other places on the internet and here in the forums, you can install the Expansion packs in any order, meaning that if you install the base, and then Generations, you can install any other EP you want afterwards.

Oh k, thanks alot mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:08

Hello,
If, during the install of expansionpacks, the installer wants to update your game, you should let it. But that'll only work if you didn't crack the previous installs.
As long as you install Generations or Town Life stuff first, you should be ok and you can install the other expansions in any order.
Don't forget to use the fix though, it is needed to patch the game to 1.24.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 15:59

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
If, during the install of expansionpacks, the installer wants to update your game, you should let it. But that'll only work if you didn't crack the previous installs.
As long as you install Generations or Town Life stuff first, you should be ok and you can install the other expansions in any order.

Oh ok Facepalm , I guess I shouldn't have tried to install World Adventures first then, thanks for your help Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 29 Aug 2011, 18:08

IbarraVzla wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Oh ok Facepalm , I guess I shouldn't have tried to install World Adventures first then, thanks for your help Cool

That's no problem, install everything else in the order that each pack was released in this case.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top