Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 launcher wont work,

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 launcher wont work,  Empty sims 3 launcher wont work,

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 16:35

hey guys,

i recently downloaded Sims 3 base game, late night, pets, and generations from games4theworld. but it was running on an old version. whenever i tried to update the game it kept saying invalid error found. So I uninstalled all the expansions and uninstalled and deleted all my custom content, and tried updating just the base game, but that didnt work either. i read up on google and all the advice people had given to others who had the same problem as me was to unistall and reinstall everything, which i have done, but my sims 3 launcher stops working before it even loaded up. ive used the cracks from the ultimate fix and still nothing. i thought if i installed one of the expansion packs and launched the game from there that it might work, but a pop up said my sims 3 game was corrupted or not installed properly, i installed the game exactly the same as i did the first time and it worked fine. is there any way i can solve my corrupt game without re-downloading it all?

any advice you guys can give me would be much appreciated!
many thanks in advance Very Happy

Back to top Go down

sims 3 launcher wont work,  Empty Re: sims 3 launcher wont work,

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:05

Hello,

Wow that's really messy. And it irks me that absolutely no one suggested you patch your game manually, but I guess it depends on who you're asking.

Lets see what we can make of it. When you uninstalled the last time, did you restart your pc before installing again? If that didn't happen, there's nothing left to do but uninstalling everything yet again. You have to restart the pc when you want to un&reinstall the sims.

This is a direct download link for a cumulative manual patch to get version 1.36. If you download it and install it, your game will be patched all the way to the latest version without ever using the launcher.

After using that patch, all you need is your expansionpacks and the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)