Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED] Empty Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 04:48

I recently downloaded most of my expansions from Pirates Bay, from games4theworld, (great downloads by the way.) after installing the games I installed other custom content from numerous sites without problem. But when I went to my sims 3 account to download store content I had purchased it refuses to launch and download into my launcher, I'm assuming this is due to the pirated copies of the game? Is there any way I can fix this problem? Thanks for the help.

Back to top Go down

Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 08:12

I suggest getting everything from games4theworld and follow the directions carefully. It should work properly. It does for me. But if not, everything from the store except the latest June update is available at the Mediafire site Link

Back to top Go down

Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED] Empty Thanks

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 10:42

Kalisa424 wrote:I suggest getting everything from games4theworld and follow the directions carefully. It should work properly. It does for me. But if not, everything from the store except the latest June update is available at the Mediafire site

Hey thanks for the link... and I followed the directions on installing the game, the only thing is my Sims 3 base game did an auto-update when I downloaded it.. I own the base, WA, Generations and Pets... So I don't know maybe the new update for the base game messed something up with the other games? Oh well other than that little glitch (probably on my end) everything is working and playing as it should, I'll just get over the lose of my money and useless sims cash *sigh* Thanks again though!

Back to top Go down

Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:37

Hello,

If you use cracked games, you can no longer use official store content since it is encrypted.
What kind of problem are you experiencing with your game at the moment?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:42

I also have legal copies of the base game, one stuff pack and one expansion. But you need to treat them all like they were pirated from games4theworld and patch them as such. Doing that I can still login to the EA store under my legal registered name and re-download any store items I bought before I came to my senses.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:54

Hello,

But can you also install them? I have one registered game myself and have downloaded free items before but I decrapified them before even attempting to install them.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:05

Yes. Anything I purchased from the store can just be re-downloaded and installed in the EA launcher by logging in on my legal name. It doesn't seem to care that the last 5 EP and SP are pirated.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jul 2012, 12:53

Hello,

Ok, that's good to know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 00:05

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

If you use cracked games, you can no longer use official store content since it is encrypted.
What kind of problem are you experiencing with your game at the moment?

Hi,

I'm not really have problems with the game itself, other than random lagging, which is probably due to my system not the game. The only real problem I had with the downloads from Pirates Bay was after downloading EP's and SP's that I do not own it told me to insert a CD but since I own the Pets EP that's not really a problem because it no long harasses me about inserting a CD I indeed do not have any longer. I am not gifted with the Tech Savvy trait or I would finish installing the other EP's and SP's I do not have. Lol.

In gist I was just seeing if I was no longer going to be able to download, or re-download in this case, things I had purchased from The Sims 3 website. Sorry for the bother but thank you ladies for your help. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 00:11

Kalisa424 wrote:I also have legal copies of the base game, one stuff pack and one expansion. But you need to treat them all like they were pirated from games4theworld and patch them as such. Doing that I can still login to the EA store under my legal registered name and re-download any store items I bought before I came to my senses.

Hey Kalisa,

I'm not really sure what you mean treat them all like they were pirated from games4theworld? I'm sorry like I said in my reply to Lady Eldi I'm not very tech savvy, give me a book I'll be your Einstein, give me a computer or computer program I'm like a chimp in the zoo. Perhaps you could explain it in a form that even the computer illiterate could understand? Lol. Thank you for trying to help me =) I wasn't even certain I explained it in a way that people could help or if anyone would for that matter.

On another note I just realized I spelled expansions wrong in my title and probably in my post. LOL. Wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:13

Hello,

If you use the crack from the fix, you'll no longer get asked for a disc.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:45

If you use the crack from the fix, you'll no longer get asked for a disc.

Ahh thanks! =)

//EDIT

So I'm not really certain I can do this, but I have another question and I'm not sure where I should post it so I shall post it here. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems. I just don't want to clog up the forum because I'm too stupid to download pirated games =|

I was talking to one of my friends the other day when I downloaded the torrents from games4theworld and told him what I was doing and he told me to download daemon lite because I would have to mount the .iso files in order to be able to play any games that I were to download via torrents, is this true?

If it is I'm not certain where to find an '.iso' file nor how to use this daemon lite program I have downloaded. It's like it sits on my computer screen mocking me =|

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:44

Hello,

Some files require to be mounted, but our Sims expansions do not. You can simply extract them with winrar, and run setup.

Don't worry about asking questions, we're here to help you no matter how much you know about downloading and using pirated games. We were all new at this at some point.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:58

Hello Lady,

Thanks again for all the help =) I haven't had a chance to try out the fix for the CD error due to the fact that I haven't installed any other torrent games to try it on. But I plan on doing that over the weekend and testing it to out see if it does fix the "Insert CD" prompt.

I do have yet another question though, I downloaded the umm ugh I forget what it's called, gah... FrameworkSetup? I think, that sounds right. The thing that makes the 'Mod' fold so you can install .package files. The file itself is working, because the .package file that makes the game skip the plumbbob intro and the video is gone and the other one in build mode also works... but when I try to use other .package files, like ones from games4theworlds download thing for store items or .package files for Fresh Prince Creations, it doesn't load the items? I put them in the mods package file and tell it to extract them there but it says it cannot extract the package and it never loads up in the game.

Do you maybe know what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Another question that I didn't think of while writing my other question, also probably more imporant than the other, I've recently purchased a gaming laptop, so I can play my sims and whatnot while on the road, If I were to save the installers and my CC folders onto jump drives/CD's I would be able to easily and quickly download the games and CC without having to reistall via torrent or sites, correct? Oh and would your rec. Jump or CD?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:38

Hello,

You don't have to extract the package files, you can just put them in the mods\packages folder.
Most of our packages are fixes, they're only relevant if you're using the premium content.

It doesn't really matter which medium you use to transfer your files to your new laptop. But I do recommend using the rar files (if you still have them) rather than the extracted files, and simply extract them on your new laptop in stead of transferring all the extracted files. A lot can go wrong during the transfer.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:13

Alright, thank you =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 10:16

You don't have to extract the package files, you can just put them in the mods\packages folder.
Most of our packages are fixes, they're only relevant if you're using the premium content.

It doesn't really matter which medium you use to transfer your files to your new laptop. But I do recommend using the rar files (if you still have them) rather than the extracted files, and simply extract them on your new laptop in stead of transferring all the extracted files. A lot can go wrong during the transfer.

Hey Lady,

Thank you thank you thank you!!! =))) I am so totally uber happy. Lol you have given mommy back her personal time. LOL yes, sadly enough I use the sims as my "mommy escape'. Hahaha. And after reading the other girls post, sadly enough I can't remember her user name off the top of my head, I decided to attempt to download my store content from my legal account and it totally works since applying the fix, so I owe her a HUGE thank you too!! So thank you both very very much. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:10

Hello,

I can relate Wink I have 2 small children myself Smile
Do you have any other questions at this point?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 11:59

No, actually I think after y'alls help we got everything figured out. After installing the fix even my .package files showed up in my game =) So at the moment I think I am yet again the master of my games lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Jul 2012, 14:29

Hello,

Glad to hear you can enjoy the game again now! Thank you Lady ElDi! Wink
If you need any more help in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know; we love to help!

Happy simming! Downloading store content after downloading expantions from Pirates Bay? [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male