Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store Content problems. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Content problems. [SOLVED] Empty Store Content problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 18:58

First off, thank you guys for providing games to people who can't afford to blow countless amounts on them or for people who simply don't want to.

My problem is with another uploader's content so I didn't want to post in the downloads section.

Rachelstoolbox content has worked fairly well for me since I started playing with TS3, but in the past couple days something has gone horribly wrong. I have a save game I've been playing for quite some time and I'd really hate to lose it, but out of the blue my game started freezing up.

The in-game clock starts at 1 in-game minute per real life second and increases to 2 in-game minutes per second, then keeps increasing until the clock is going by an hour of in-game time per real life second, the sims aren't able to catch up and within a minute are starving/peeing themselves/etc.

I went through countless fixes, but nothing seemed to work. I finally removed both the package files AND disabled CC and it fixed the problem, but then all my items are gone. I don't want to lose all the custom store content. I can replace the items if it's as simple as removing all items and reloading them, but it's an extensive process and wants to delete my girlfriend's save files. I thought maybe re-downloading the newest rachelstoolbox download and letting TS3 regenerate the entire Docs folder might fix it, but it didn't.

My question has 2 parts... First, has anyone encountered this and is there a way to find out what is causing the issue. Second, I noticed that G4TW has store content at their other site, but it seems to be missing all of 2009 (redirects to an OCT 2010 page). Is there a full package (like provided by rachelstoolbox) with all the store content that is approved for g4tw install?

I think I might have borked it up by accidently allowing a content update, but I figured regenerating the user/doc folder would have removed it. Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I went to check my Errortrap logs with store/customcontent removed and noticed that the line "Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Store.Objects.TreeOfProsperity" appears over 1000 times. Is there a way to remove that specific item from the merged package to see if that is the one causing the problems?

Final Edit: I fixed it by removing anything I could find the package file associated with the tree of prosperity. On further inspection of the previous errortrap files, it was spamming messages about it, something to do with alarms. I found another site that detailed a lot of issues with alarms and firefighters/tattoo-artists. This was apparently one of those problems, just happening with the tree. May have occurred because I tried to eat a fruit off the tree prior to traveling.

Last edited by anonymoz on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 20:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Store Content problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Store Content problems. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Aug 2013, 20:34

anonymoz wrote:First off, thank you guys for providing games to people who can't afford to blow countless amounts on them or for people who simply don't want to.

My problem is with another uploader's content so I didn't want to post in the downloads section.

Rachelstoolbox content has worked fairly well for me since I started playing with TS3, but in the past couple days something has gone horribly wrong. I have a save game I've been playing for quite some time and I'd really hate to lose it, but out of the blue my game started freezing up.

The in-game clock starts at 1 in-game minute per real life second and increases to 2 in-game minutes per second, then keeps increasing until the clock is going by an hour of in-game time per real life second, the sims aren't able to catch up and within a minute are starving/peeing themselves/etc.

I went through countless fixes, but nothing seemed to work. I finally removed both the package files AND disabled CC and it fixed the problem, but then all my items are gone. I don't want to lose all the custom store content. I can replace the items if it's as simple as removing all items and reloading them, but it's an extensive process and wants to delete my girlfriend's save files. I thought maybe re-downloading the newest rachelstoolbox download and letting TS3 regenerate the entire Docs folder might fix it, but it didn't.

My question has 2 parts... First, has anyone encountered this and is there a way to find out what is causing the issue. Second, I noticed that G4TW has store content at their other site, but it seems to be missing all of 2009 (redirects to an OCT 2010 page). Is there a full package (like provided by rachelstoolbox) with all the store content that is approved for g4tw install?

I think I might have borked it up by accidently allowing a content update, but I figured regenerating the user/doc folder would have removed it. Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I went to check my Errortrap logs with store/customcontent removed and noticed that the line "Destroyed Object Found: Sims3.Store.Objects.TreeOfProsperity" appears over 1000 times. Is there a way to remove that specific item from the merged package to see if that is the one causing the problems?
Hello,

There are several things I have to explain, so let's start with this: which kind of CC are we talking about ? Is it ".package" files, ".sims3packs" or both ?

Most ".package" files can safely be removed by simply by deleting them or moving them out of the "Mods" folder.

The issue with the ".sims3pack" files is more difficult though. To safely remove all of them from your game, have a look at this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Keep in mind though that you will lose all your installed ".sims3packs". And this "Rachel's toolbox"...it asks you to delete savefiles ? Did I understood you correctly ? Shocked

But there is an important connection between savefiles and CC: let's say you un-install CC that is used in your savegame. Next time you want to load it, you'll get a window popup saying something like "Objects are missing and were replaced": meaning, of course, your CC is gone from the game. And if we go one step further: if you actually delete a world, and your savegame uses it, you can't load the save at all, unless/until you re-install the world.

As far as ".sims3packs" are concerned there is no way to "single out" specific items, unfortunately, but I have to admit I'm not sure if this is the case with these merged ".package" files too.

My suggestion: get rid of all your "Rachel's toolbox" CC, and use the G4TW store stuff (see the link in my signature). And the reason why the site doesn't have all store items yet is - simply - because the site is still under construction. I can't tell you when exactly the site is finished.

OK, that was quite a bit of information, but I hope you can benefit from that. I'm sorry, but I don't see any "easier" solution to this than deleting all the stuff and re-downloading it. But maybe one of the other Helpers has a better idea.

Good luck though !

//EDIT

OK, I just saw you seemingly managed to fix the problem yourself ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Aug 2013, 20:41

Hehe, Rachelstoolbox is just a compiled download of all the store content up to date and decrapified. She also includes 3 big package files that hold all the up-to-date stuff.  It worked perfectly until this issue. It wasn't toolbox that was telling me to delete saves, but the sims3 launcher, when I uninstalled certain files.

I was able to resolve the issue by deleting some files from the package and allowing my game to load without the tree of prosperity, then replacing the file back to the original. Maybe it just corrupted in my save, but its back to normal now. Thanks Carlos. Very Happy

Moderator edit: an interesting solution indeed, but I'm glad to hear your problem is solved. Have fun with the game! Topic closed.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top