Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED] Empty The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 13:39

Googled and read other topics but it didnt help.

Installed everything but High end stuff & Fast lane
Updated to 1.36 and all expansions to the most recent versions manually
Copied the files from your Ultimate fix\# Crack to The Sims 3\Game\Bin

When it did not work the first time I uninstalled, did a registry clean and a reboot and then did it again.
This time i started the launcher after each install and after Ambitions i got this error.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:12

Hello,

It still suggests a registry error, are you absolutely certain there's no trace of previous installs in your registry? Possibly of Ambitions?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:27

Uninstalled ambitions again, Ran CCleaner, and searched regedit for anything with "ambition", Rebooted, Ran CCleaner again and searched with regedit.
Tried starting sims and got the same error.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:28

Hello,

I'll ask Admin to look at this topic.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:23

I guess i could do another complete reinstall and clean the registry manually, but i dont know what to search for to get everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:26

Hello,

I think your best bet is to uninstall with youruninstallerpro (available here).
And don't forget to restart.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 22:34

Used YU and removed all. Rebooted and installed just the base game, patched to 1.36, got the same error. Used the crack, same error.
I used quick uninstall on each item(normal mode). do i need Super mode?
Searched for "the sims" & "Sims" in regedit and removed the things i found related to sims. Installed Base again, no patch, was able to run the launcher and is now proceeding with the rest.
Does the install order matter?
I started suspecting that updating is the fault. Installing WA works, so I started installing Ambitions which wants to patch the base, after patching but before installing the expansion i tried to start the game and got the error again.
I have been using fairlights release for the base but i got the expansions via G4TW torrents, could this cause a problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 03:29

i had this problems a few days ago, all i did was run on power iso not on daemontools/magic iso and clicked desktop shortcut and played, idk if it'll work for you, you have to have all the expansions running on power iso

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 15 Jul 2012, 09:28

wtgwywr wrote:i had this problems a few days ago, all i did was run on power iso not on daemontools/magic iso and clicked desktop shortcut and played, idk if it'll work for you, you have to have all the expansions running on power iso

Hello,

The only problem is that the (G4TW) expansions have no virtual images to mount.
I'll ask Admin to have a look at this topic, something is not going as it should.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 15 Jul 2012, 14:26

ivefan wrote:Used YU and removed all. Rebooted and installed just the base game, patched to 1.36, got the same error. Used the crack, same error.
I used quick uninstall on each item(normal mode). do i need Super mode?
Searched for "the sims" & "Sims" in regedit and removed the things i found related to sims. Installed Base again, no patch, was able to run the launcher and is now proceeding with the rest.
Does the install order matter?
I started suspecting that updating is the fault. Installing WA works, so I started installing Ambitions which wants to patch the base, after patching but before installing the expansion i tried to start the game and got the error again.
I have been using fairlights release for the base but i got the expansions via G4TW torrents, could this cause a problem?
Hello,

No, all versions work fine together, as long as they are not modified.
Also, yes, you should use the "Super" mode for all games, as it removes all leftover files.

Let's see, does the error only show up after installing Ambitions? And can you please tell me which expansions you have installed at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 21:25

The error appears after the base gets updated it seems, and ambitions is the first expansion that needs an update.
I have uninstalled everything so no expansions installed. But I intend to install all the Expansions and some of the "stuff" packages

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jul 2012, 21:58

how did you make the thing next to your post Green? cause i have an unanswerd question from like 3 hours ago that NOBODY has responded to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:07

ivefan wrote:The error appears after the base gets updated it seems, and ambitions is the first expansion that needs an update.
I have uninstalled everything so no expansions installed. But I intend to install all the Expansions and some of the "stuff" packages
Hello,

I see. Please install everything first, following these instructions VERY carefully: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
After that, let us know the result and we'll guide you further, if necessarry. Good luck and please let us know if you're stuck during the installation process.

Jazzyboopo wrote:how did you make the thing next to your post Green? cause i have an unanswerd question from like 3 hours ago that NOBODY has responded to.
The green icon means that there are new posts and you've not read them yet. It's different for everyone.
Anyhow, we're also human and we can't reply 24/7. Though we do read and (usually) reply to all topics, just be patient and remember we all live in different time zones too.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:09

Jazzyboopo wrote:how did you make the thing next to your post Green? cause i have an unanswerd question from like 3 hours ago that NOBODY has responded to.

Hello,

We reply to every question as soon as time permits, but you have to understand that this is a hobby for Admin and myself. We're probably in a different time zone and since Admin has taken some time off, I'm answering most questions by myself, and while I am answering all posts, there's no way every post can be answered within a couple of hours.
Your post has been answered by the way Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:31

Admin wrote:
I see. Please install everything first, following these instructions VERY carefully: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
After that, let us know the result and we'll guide you further, if necessarry. Good luck and please let us know if you're stuck during the installation process.
I did that the previous two times, though I got the manual patch via MTS manual patcher program

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 16 Jul 2012, 09:33

ivefan wrote:
Admin wrote:
I did that the previous two times, though I got the manual patch via MTS manual patcher program
Hello,

Please try again using exactly the instructions and download links as described in that post, that way we're sure that everything goes well and it's easier for us to provide help.
Do let us know the final result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:50

Installed Base, Installed Disel stuff - Trying to start now gives that error
Updated with linked file, Said it was already updated but I ran it anyway.
Copied files from # Crack to base game \bin\, same error

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:10

Hello,

What about all the other expansions you wanted?
Also, you did not use any Mods/Custom Content, right?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2012, 11:34

I did only what i listed in the previous post.
I want other expansions but i have gotten tired of installing and uninstalling all of them so i only did the bare minimum this time with no custom content nor mods - gotta get it to work before doing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 18 Jul 2012, 23:12

Hello,

Please install all the expansions you want and then apply the latest manual patch for version 1.36 of the game.
After that, don't do anything else; try to start the game via the launcher and let us know what it says. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:37

Why would installing everything make a difference from just installing the bare minimum?
And that manual patch, is it modified anyway or is it from EA?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:38

Hello,

That's an EA superpatcher, unmodified.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 20:02

Hello.

Firstly, thank you so much for uploading this. I downloaded this a month ago and was having a lot of fun.

Yesterday, however, I wanted to try Ambitions and downloaded it. Unfortunately, I have the exact same error as him now. (Error 0x0175dcbb)
I've tried everything. I even uninstalled the entire game and re-downloaded them following your guide VERY CAREFULLY. Even when I don't install Ambitions the error still appears for me.

When I try the launcher it says, "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

I was going to propose yesterday too! D: Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jul 2012, 20:57

nicerice wrote:Hello.

Firstly, thank you so much for uploading this. I downloaded this a month ago and was having a lot of fun.

Yesterday, however, I wanted to try Ambitions and downloaded it. Unfortunately, I have the exact same error as him now. (Error 0x0175dcbb)
I've tried everything. I even uninstalled the entire game and re-downloaded them following your guide VERY CAREFULLY. Even when I don't install Ambitions the error still appears for me.

When I try the launcher it says, "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

I was going to propose yesterday too! D: Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

Please open a new topic, for better support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 01:23

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please install all the expansions you want and then apply the latest manual patch for version 1.36 of the game.
After that, don't do anything else; try to start the game via the launcher and let us know what it says. Good luck!

Well, eldi said that the file linked is the official patch file, so that is what i did the third time i tried installing all the mods i wanted, though i got the file from another link, and i got "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." from the launcher and error Error 0x0175dcbb from TS3W.exe so i don't see how it would make any difference doing the same thing a second time.
And just installing base+disel, which your guide says is the minimum, gives me the same error so installing all the rest just seems a waste of time.

-Edit- Now that i think about it.. where to find the log the launcher mentions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top