Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jul 2012, 13:39

First topic message reminder :

Googled and read other topics but it didnt help.

Installed everything but High end stuff & Fast lane
Updated to 1.36 and all expansions to the most recent versions manually
Copied the files from your Ultimate fix\# Crack to The Sims 3\Game\Bin

When it did not work the first time I uninstalled, did a registry clean and a reboot and then did it again.
This time i started the launcher after each install and after Ambitions i got this error.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Jul 2012, 20:57

nicerice wrote:Hello.

Firstly, thank you so much for uploading this. I downloaded this a month ago and was having a lot of fun.

Yesterday, however, I wanted to try Ambitions and downloaded it. Unfortunately, I have the exact same error as him now. (Error 0x0175dcbb)
I've tried everything. I even uninstalled the entire game and re-downloaded them following your guide VERY CAREFULLY. Even when I don't install Ambitions the error still appears for me.

When I try the launcher it says, "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

I was going to propose yesterday too! D: Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

Please open a new topic, for better support.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 Error 0x0175dcbb. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 01:23

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please install all the expansions you want and then apply the latest manual patch for version 1.36 of the game.
After that, don't do anything else; try to start the game via the launcher and let us know what it says. Good luck!

Well, eldi said that the file linked is the official patch file, so that is what i did the third time i tried installing all the mods i wanted, though i got the file from another link, and i got "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." from the launcher and error Error 0x0175dcbb from TS3W.exe so i don't see how it would make any difference doing the same thing a second time.
And just installing base+disel, which your guide says is the minimum, gives me the same error so installing all the rest just seems a waste of time.

-Edit- Now that i think about it.. where to find the log the launcher mentions?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:14

Hello,

Both errors indicate that there is still something going on in the registry. Did you watch this video before?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 17:40

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Both errors indicate that there is still something going on in the registry. Did you watch video before?
This probably helped. There was uninstalled expansion remains that I deleted and then installed base and updated. this time he launcher couldn't connect to EA servers which I assume is normal, as I got the error at this stage last time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 23:18

Yes, It did help.. But now the game chrashes during loading. Tried to start trice, chrashed at different points of loading and once it gave me a message that I had an unofficial modification.

I guess I shouldn't have patched the expansions, though one of them said i needed to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 22 Jul 2012, 19:44

Hello,

Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 01:37

No, As I said, I think it's because i updated the expansions. Did another reinstall and finally got it to work, though not 100% stable

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 08:12

Hello,

That shouldn't matter though, I fully updated the expansions myself without problems.
I'm afraid The Sims 3 will never be 100% stable. If you're experiencing crashes, look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:38

Hi there, I have a problem with my Sims 3 as well,similar to the above person "sims-3-error-0x0175dcbb" except the thing is,originally my Sims 3 folders were in my C: but I moved them to my D: because I didn't have enough space. is there a way for me to play through D:? Do answer as fast as you can!

Mod edit: Moved to the right section. And could you please open a NEW thread for your issue(s), instead of bumping an ancient and dead topic ? Open the topic in the "Sims 3 Downloads support (PC)"- section. Thank you - topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top