Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures: Regional Code? Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures: Regional Code? Help! Empty World Adventures: Regional Code? Help!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 16:54

I have all the games up to Seasons except for World Adventures.

When I go to the installation for the game, it immediately pops up with:

"The setup had dectected that the regional install code for The Sims 3 is different then what this expansion requires.

This product requires The Sims 3 to have the same regional code in order to be installed."

& then once I click ok, it just disappears and keeps appearing with the same messagae everytime I try to open the setup!

I've also tried these directions:

2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor......

but when I open my registor editor it doesn't have the sims folder. It just has HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts/ Sims3 and theres no SKU shown when I navigate to this! I have Windows 7.
Please Help!

Last edited by simsfanatic34 on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 17:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I tried something but it didn't work.)

Back to top Go down

World Adventures: Regional Code? Help! Empty Re: World Adventures: Regional Code? Help!

Post by t2sink Fri 23 Nov 2012, 21:14

Try here. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

World Adventures: Regional Code? Help! Empty Re: World Adventures: Regional Code? Help!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 23:38

Thank you!

I found the SKU that way & changed it to 2 and now I'm gonna see if it will install!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 24 Nov 2012, 13:48

Hello,

Please let us know the final result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top