Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP. Empty NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 01:40

hello!

i just got a MacBook Pro and wanted to install the sims. I have downloaded all the games from you guys before on my PC. I dont know what it is, but NOTHING is working on my mac. so far i have downloaded the base game, late night, pets, master suite, and diesel. i followed all the steps CAREFULLY, downloaded the manual patch to update the game, and downloaded the ultimate fix. but when i start the game it still says "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x039e8474)

specific steps i used:
1. downloaded all of the games from G4TW
2. extracted them with suffit and made them to .dmg files
3. installed base game and late night and then manually installed the patch to update game to 1.36
4. installed pets, master suite, & diesel
4. applied crack from #crack folder in the base game folder from the ultimate fix.

what am i missing here?

i apologize if someone has already addressed this problem but i have been trying to search for the answer for days with no help. thank you!
Noob

Back to top Go down

NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP. Empty Re: NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:43

Hello,

All of it looks perfect, except that our version of the base game does not work on a MAC. I think that if you rinse and repeat with a RELOADED base game, your game will work fine.
You can keep the expansions, they do work on MAC, it's just the base game that doesn't.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP. Empty Re: NOTHING will work. literally tried EVERYTHING. HELP.

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 18:12

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

All of it looks perfect, except that our version of the base game does not work on a MAC. I think that if you rinse and repeat with a RELOADED base game, your game will work fine.
You can keep the expansions, they do work on MAC, it's just the base game that doesn't.

thank you for your response.

is there a link to the reloaded game?

also, what does "reloaded" mean? what is the difference?

thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Jul 2012, 19:19

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 19:25

thanks ill report back!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 01:43

it worked, however i can only play for a couple minutes before it crashes and asks if i want to debug the problem :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top