Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 right installation procedure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 right installation procedure Empty Sims 3 right installation procedure

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2012, 00:04

Hi.
I read all (or most) of the guides provided here regarding mac installation of Sims 3. But I am a little confused, since there seem to be a few different procedures on how the installation should be made.
There are two different procedures here in the announcements: crazyjay123's method (topic "Easy method of installing Sims 3 base game+expansions Mac guide") and Gedae's way (topic "The Sims 3 suggestions + how I did it"), plus there is yet another one (pdf) in g4tw main page guide section.
I am a bit confused about which procedure should I take. I have installed a cracked no-cd base game provided in crazyjay's guide (from
ThePirateBay) and it works fine, except that after I create a family and want to actually start playing, the game freezes and I have to restart the computer.
I don't know what is the problem, since I followed every step correctly. Should I reinstall the same version of the game? Are there any 'better', more crash-proof versions? Or should I keep the version I installed and install all expansion packs and apply newest game update (provided here), maybe then it will work?
I have a Macbook Pro running OS X Snow Leopard, bought in 2011.

Thanks in advance

P.S.: Sorry, I cannot yet provide links for the topics and torrent because I've just registered.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top