Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED] Empty The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2012, 14:24

So, I've followed the video and such, my first issue was when I'd get near the end of the installation of the update, it would give me the same error as this poster:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5744-unable-to-update-sims-3-to-136solved
Being Error 0x80040702, missing DLL:DSETUP

So I went ahead and did what they did and just download the DLL file. I got passed that part, but then I was getting the error this person is:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5889-error-during-start-up-see-log-for-more-details
Being "Error during setup see log for more details." As well as when I started the game without the launcher it would tell me "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb."

I tried your solution and it didn't do anything at all. I'm at a loss.

Note: I have the Sims 3 Deluxe pack from kat.ph, which might be the issue, but I'm hoping like crazy it isn't, because I'm afraid of how risky it is to download each Sims 3 expansion pack one by one. It's basically just a whole big file in one, it's mushed together, so it's probably poorly structured. However, I have hope because that one poster just downloaded the DLL and got theirs to work even though it's also mushed together.
Help

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 Jul 2012, 14:47

Hello,

What's included in this deluxe pack?
How did you install it?
What do you think the risks are of downloading the base game and expansion/stuff packs separately?

That error code suggests a problem with the registry.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Ultimate Fix Sims 3 Can't Get it to Work.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2012, 15:05

The deluxe pack includes about every expansion pack except Showtime and beyond, I believe. I installed it by just clicking "Setup.exe." It has various bin files and DirectX files and it uses that to install it all.

Well, the whole fact of getting fined for one or all of them makes me very nervous, which is why I downloaded the Deluxe version. I just never torrent games or anything at all, but buying Sims 3 is just too much for me. Plus, other personal feelings.

Is there any way to fix this at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:31

Hello,

I'm not sure you can, it sounds very much like a modified installer to me and while it may have seemed like a good idea to create it, it comes with limitations, such as the inability to patch or install additional expansions.

If you really want to be able to use the latest update and additional expansions, the only way is to get separate files for each title.
I do understand your reservations about downloading them all separately though.

I can offer you a few options that'll cost you much less than simply buying The Sims 3 though.
I am not sure if premium downloading offers any kind of security, but Admin can definitely shed some light on that. Or you can consider G4TW CD/DVD service.

Of course you can also decide to keep your game as it is, and/or wait for Admin's thoughts on this matter.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 02:50

I'm trying to completely get rid of my registry entries to do a really clean install. I'm hoping it'll do something. I'll look into the CD/DVD thing later, it sounds really nice. I'm unsure how to pay in Euros, since I'm in America, though. If I can't get this working, maybe I'll eventually try getting Sims 3 and just get the expansions over various months. It would be nice having the admin's feedback, but I feel like there's not much I can do since it is very clumped together. I'll get back to you after I've installed it again.

Edit: Holy crap, I got it working. I feel like an idiot for doing it wrong. My issue was I had the folders under the wrong name. The folders were set-up as "R.G Catalyst -> Sims 3 Deluxe -> Sims 3", so I changed it to "Electronic Arts -> Sims 3". It simply just couldn't find the Sims 3 folder to be updated to, so it kept creating one. It wanted to update the store content, but I'm afraid to say "yes." to it, so I just chose "later." Do you think it's alright to update the store content? I was trying to update so I can get Showtime, but I'm afraid it won't work, but all is well with the updating now. Thank you very much for the directions for updating.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 08:25

Hello,

The store updates are safe to install.
Did you try to install Showtime? If the update worked, this might as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 08:32

The update worked, and I've now installed Showtime, and it's working as well. I also did the store update and it was really quick and nothing went wrong. Thank you very much for your help and the Ultimate fix! Oh and as well as Showtime, since apparently I downloaded it from you guys, thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 08:34

Hello,

You're welcome Smile
Can we help you with anything else at the moment?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 09:27

Not at the moment, but I'll definitely be back when I do need help, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:38

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top