Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot Empty Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:03

Hello, I have installed Pets and World Adventures, and applied the latest fix following the orders exactly. (done it before anyway) The game runs perfect, but I have a problem in Buy Mode. No matter what lot I enter, even with house or empty, I'm not allowed to use any object. Nothing is selectable. I don't get some type of error message, but when I move the cursor over the tabs, I get this "You can not use objects in this type of lot". I have no idea what may be the problem, could it be some installed custom contents?

Thanks in advance. And sorry, I first post this in another thread 'cause since I saw the case was similar, I thought I shouldn't bother you with new one..
Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot Empty Re: Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:20

Hello,

No problem, you never know what the rules are when you first join a forum Smile
Are you getting an unofficial game modification error when you start the game?
If you don't, I'd try it without your mods\packages folder to see if it makes a difference.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot Empty Re: Not allowed to use Buy Mode in any Lot

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:51

I do get this error everytime I start the game. Should I just uninstall and reinstall everything?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:01

Hello,

No, that's not needed, assuming you indeed have the latest crack, it's caused by an outdated mod. Test that by going to (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and drag&drop the mods folder to your desktop. Now start the game and see if the error is gone.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 13:49

I removed the Mods folder, even uninstalled any other custom content. I still get the unofficial error and still not able to use Buy Mode. I guess now I should just reinstall everything? Maybe I did something wrong with the fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 25 Jul 2012, 15:19

Don't uninstall just yet. I would try re-downloading the fix, and reapplying.

What's your game version, actually? It can be found like this.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 16:08

I actually thought of this and saw I didn't complete the update, the version was at 1.26. Anyhow I had already uninstalled everything, so I did the whole pocedure again, updated with the manual patch and I don't get the unofficial error anymore. Fine so far, but I think another problem poped up, since my laptop shuts off after a few minutes the game is on.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 26 Jul 2012, 07:52

Hello,

There are some things to try here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top