Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Generations Opens, loads, then crashes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Generations Opens, loads, then crashes. Empty The Sims 3: Generations Opens, loads, then crashes.

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 00:58

I bought the base game, and I downloaded Generations from here. I am using the "master crack" or whatever it is called. It IS in the right folder (/the Sims 3/Game/Bin). It just keeps crashing. I uninstalled everything and re-installed. Did not fix. I've looked all over the internet and I cannot find a fix. Please help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have NO mods or custom content at all.

EDIT 2: I am now downloading the manual patch. I uninstalled Generations and re-installed, this time using the Generations patch before installing and the master after. Then I got the "service initialization" error. Good, there are ways to fix that. I will update when I get results.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Generations Opens, loads, then crashes. Empty Re: The Sims 3: Generations Opens, loads, then crashes.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Aug 2012, 08:49

Hello,

I think you're referring to the fix.
Which service initialization error? It could indicate a registry problem which suggests you forgot to restart the pc when you uninstalled Generations.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)