Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes Empty Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 10:16

Hi, :newfag: !! I hope I'm not too much of a bother! Smile

I just downloaded the Late Night expansion pack and have run into a problem... whenever I go to play the game, it starts up with my previously installed expansion pack (Pets) and then crashes. I have the base game, Ambitions, and Pets installed, but this is my first torrent, so I don't doubt that I've managed to mess something up in the process!! hahaha. I also noticed I had two icons on my desktop for the launcher, one that was the old one for Pets and the other for Late Night. I've followed the instructions to the best of my ability and have installed everything that I'm aware of. Thank you for your time!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes Empty Re: Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:56

Hello,

Do you get an error when it crashes?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes Empty Re: Sims 3 Loads With Previously Installed Expansion Pack Screen, Crashes

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:21

Yes, but I just get a message that Sims 3 has stopped working, it doesn't say anything but that. I'm using Windows 7 and have some mods installed, could that be the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:27

Hello,

Yes, I was about to ask. That's most likely the problem.
Please remove/backup ALL Mods and Custom Content and then try again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:52

Yep, that was it! It working good, thank you so much!! Very Happy Just one more question, when can I add back my mods? I think they're up to date, but I'll have to check and make sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 20:59

Hello,

Yes, you may put them back, but now we're sure that it's one or more Mod(s) causing the problem.
First of all, update ALL Mods and then put them back in pairs of like... 5-10 Mods. Then test the game and if it works fine, put in another 10. This way you can find the corrupt one(s).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 00:36

Alright, that worked! Again, thank you so much for the help! Just one more thing, I promise, hahaha. If I get another Sims 3 game from a torrent, will I just have to install it and apply the crack, since my game is updated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Jun 2012, 23:17

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now! Never hesitate to ask, if you have any questions.
If you install a new expansion and the game works, don't fix what isn't broken. If the game gives any problems, just re-do step 3 to 5: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Anything else we could help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top