Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED] Empty Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 20:16

Hello! First off, this is my second time posting a question to games for the world and the first time, despite getting a large amount of help from administration and other users the problem has not been fixed. So, I would just like to express my many thanks.
Now back to my problem, when I first attempted to play the Sims 3 generations, I got a message saying,(We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3 Generations. Please contact customer service.) So I went to another forum that said if I installed a crack this should fix the problem. After replacing the crack I started having this Error. I found this crack in the Sims 3 Generations folder from a torrent I downloaded on Kickass torrents. I'm not sure what to do and help would be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 Aug 2012, 21:29

Hello,

That's an error that indicates an outdated mod or crack. My money is on the crack though, since you used one that came with a Generations torrent so that's definitely outdated.
Use the crack from our fix in stead, and in case you're not at patch level 1.36, here's the manual patch.

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED] Uxziu
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED] Empty Thanks

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2012, 23:41

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

That's an error that indicates an outdated mod or crack. My money is on the crack though, since you used one that came with a Generations torrent so that's definitely outdated.
Use the crack from our fix in stead, and in case you're not at patch level 1.36, here's the manual patch.

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED] Uxziu
THANK YOU! (I don't mean to yell, but this means a lot to me, as this was the same issue I was having last time.Only that time even the admins were stumped) It works like a dream and is even allowing me to use Simport. I don't mean to be a burden, but I just have a few more questions.
1. I just download the Games4theworld torrent for the Sims 3 Showtime, if I install that game, will I have to reapply all of the cracks or will it just work like it is now?
2. Does using content from the Sims 3 store (not sure if it counts as custom content or not) affect if the game will run or not. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED] Empty Re: Help starting the sims 3 ( service initialization failed (0x024e424f)).[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 03 Aug 2012, 00:04

Hello,

1. You can install any other expansion(s) you like. If the game works afterwards, don't fix what isn't broken. If it didn't work, just re-do step 3 and 4 only: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
2. You can find the monthly updated Store Updates on our official MediaFire account here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt ; and no, they shouldn't affect your game. It is recommended to add them to your game in groups of 20-40 and then test your game, just to be sure they don't cause any problems.

Anything else we can help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 01:27

Admin wrote:Hello,

1. You can install any other expansion(s) you like. If the game works afterwards, don't fix what isn't broken. If it didn't work, just re-do step 3 and 4 only: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
2. You can find the monthly updated Store Updates on our official MediaFire account here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8uy4gu2y8jqt ; and no, they shouldn't affect your game. It is recommended to add them to your game in groups of 20-40 and then test your game, just to be sure they don't cause any problems.

Anything else we can help you with?

Nope, you have pretty much provided me with everything I need! Again, thank you so much! Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 03 Aug 2012, 08:21

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top