Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 16:17

Hello. As stated in the title, I can't start Sims 3 because of that error showing up. I haven't played in days due to exams and when I do, this shows up so I'm quite furious. What should I do? Should I update my processor/graphics card? I have Intel HD Graphics and it says Intel Core TM B940 processor.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Wed 15 Aug 2012, 20:36

HERE is the link to EA concerning this problem. In the first paragraph of the article is a link for the system requirements checker so you can see which area is causing the problem.

Also it looks like your video card isn't supported (Take a look HERE for minimum system requirements), although you may be able to update your drivers and get it to work.

Last edited by Dracos66 on Wed 15 Aug 2012, 20:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link for System Requirements)
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game, device 0... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 23:56

How can I update? I've been playing The Sims 3 here in my laptop for months. This is the first time I saw that message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 16 Aug 2012, 02:07

If you added any of the newer expansion and/or stuff packs (by "newer" in your case, I mean all EPs and SPs since Sims3 Base Game) your unsupported card will start throwing a fit and not want to run the game.

The best way to update your drivers would be to go to the manufacturers site and download the newest driver supported by your system setup and OS.

You might be able to find the right Driver update(s) HERE
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 11:25

I have Showtime and I played it fine for like 2 months ago until this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 16 Aug 2012, 12:56

Hello,

Are you on a laptop?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 13:04

Yes.

Anyway, just want to say that Sims 3 is working now. Idk what happened. But I clicked it again and it worked.
Thanks for the help, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 16 Aug 2012, 13:10

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now! Enjoy playing and please let us know if you need any more assistance!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top