Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED] Empty Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 01:24

Game expansions/stuffs I have: World Adventures all the way up to Showtime.

Problem: When I returned back from France, I looked at the map and I realized I can't see my map icons, when this occurs, the computer becomes unselectable, as well as I can't see any skill progression bar at the top of my sim's head, and sometimes I won't receive wishes and I also end up not having a lifetime wish.

Solutions I've tried: Resetting my Sim was the first, I then tried to turn my icons off then on, I then tried to reselect my household, which did work, but then I made my friends back and it just happened again. I also tried to take out all my package files, which didn't work as well.

I'm unsure if it's any of Sims3pack files, because I can't really get rid of them without completely uninstalling and removing Sims 3 from my computer as well as my registry entries.

Note: I'm in a town made by a player. However, I haven't had any issues with it before, or any other player-made towns/cities.

Back to top Go down

Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Aug 2012, 09:22

//MOVED
Hello,

It sounds like a WA bug that you can attempt to correct with a mod, Traveler.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 09:52

Trying it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Aug 2012, 09:54

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:28

It didn't do anything.

Icons are missing, my lifetime wish is gone, I can't receive any lifetime wishes, computer is unselectable.

The only way I can bring it all back is by reselecting my active household, but when I do I can't adopt any pets from the shelter, she'll start doing the action, then stop and no list will show up. Also some of my package files won't take effect.

There's other issues in my game, but I can't recall exactly, if I do remember I will post about it. Basically my game just seems messed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:37

Hello,

You mention package files, did you add anything new recently, apart from Traveler?

What you can try is the backup save, chances are you sim is still in France if you used yoursavegame.sims3.backup. If you wanted to try that, copy yoursavegame.sims3 to your desktop, delete it from the saves folder, and rename the backup file to yoursavegame.sims3.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:46

I've already tried to take out all my package files and see if it fixes anything, but it doesn't, nothing changed. I've also tried to go to another town that's completely new, the icons would only stay for a little while, but then disappear again, some things would reset as well, like my hat, I have a hat slider and when I load back into the town, for some reason the way I positioned my hat would be completely different. I'm starting to think it's not from traveling, but I don't recall adding any new package files. I've also tried to get rid of all my new sims3pack files, but it hasn't been fixed.

//EDIT

Trying your suggestion now though.

Though I don't think I quite understand what you mean; what do you mean by if I used my backupsave?

Edit:
Loading back to one of my old saves seems to have fixed some issues,
but I'm going to keep testing it before I say it's fully fixed.

//EDIT

I'm unsure what could've even begun causing these kind of game issues,
but now I'm aware that all my newest saves that I have now are all
corrupted with these issues.

These are now all fixed:

-Couldn't do any actions on the computer
-Can't adopt pets
-Skill bar won't show up
-Objects showed up when they shouldn't
-Various package files wouldn't work
-Town icons wouldn't show up
-Notifications of anything wouldn't show up
-Couldn't play for tips with guitar no matter what level
-Couldn't receive wishes
-Couldn't see lifetime wish
-Hat kept resetting positions everytime I loaded back into my game
-Items wouldn't appear into my inventory when I put them in there
-Random memorials of dead gnomes? would show up all over my lot
-Fun level wouldn't go up no matter what I did

It's
really unfortunate that I have to work my way back to where I was,
but... there was a LOT wrong with my game, so thank you for helping me
realize I can just go back to my old saves. I can't tell you how much
I've tried to do before coming and asking on the forums. Really not sure
what caused all this in the first place... was it really just going to
France? Wow. Thank you again.

Admin edit: Please do not double-post, but just "Edit" your first post, thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 17:20

Hello,

So I assume this problem is solved for now?
If yes, please do let us know if you need any more assistance and (re-)enjoy ( Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED] 2279017149 ) playing the game! Issues with icons disappearing on the map and more. [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top