Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED] Empty Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 03:58

Hello,
I bought the Sims 3 on DVD and I wanted to install the expansion packs. I downloaded the Sims 3 Late Night and it's a torrent file. I have winrar but I can't extract it because it's not a rar file, it's just a single torrent file. I clicked on it but it said 'windows doesn't have a programme to open this with' or something like that. Please help, I tried reading all the posts and everything but I still don't know what to do. Sorry if this is a dumb question

//EDIT

I have the Sims 3 installed on my computer and it works fine, i just don't know what to do with the torrent, please please help Smile

Last edited by Lalabulua on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 04:31; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 07:24

OK, you need a bit torrent program to download the rar file. Most of us use UTorrent which can be downloaded from HERE

Once you download and install UTorrent, double click on the torrent file to begin downloading the Late Night rar file

In order to use our Ultimate fix you will need to install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, or Generations.

Please go HERE for how to make sure the game works properly.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 03 Sep 2012, 09:56

//MOVED

Hello,

There are no dumb questions. We were all new to this at some point. Never hesitate to ask us about something.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 22:09

Thank you so much! And another question, in the installation guide in the rar. file, it says to put cracks in, but on here it says Do not apply any cracks (at all), so do I not put any cracks in at all? i think i shouldn't, but i just wanted to make sure Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 03 Sep 2012, 22:20

Lalabulua wrote:Thank you so much! And another question, in the installation guide in the rar. file, it says to put cracks in, but on here it says Do not apply any cracks (at all), so do I not put any cracks in at all? i think i shouldn't, but i just wanted to make sure Smile
Hello,

The Installation Guides that come with the torrents have become obsolete, so yes, follow the up-to-date instructions on the Forum: do not apply any cracks, except for the "# Crack" folder from the Ultimate Fix, as described.

Good luck and please let us know the result or if you need any more assistance! Installing Sims 3 expansions [SOLVED] 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 22:59

Thank you for replying, two of the ultimate fixes have "not working" next to them and the other has "not recommended". do i still download them? thank you for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 01:15

The fixes are not working for patch level 1.38, they still work for patch level 1.36 however so you can download and use them if you haven't patched your game to version 1.38.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 01:25

unfortunately, i have patched my game to version 1.38, i didn't read the forum until later on...do i wait for the fix to be updated before i install the expansions? thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 01:31

You can go ahead and install the expansions now and wait a day or two for the fix to be updated so you can play.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 01:37

okay, thank you so much Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 04 Sep 2012, 17:19

Hello,

We'll keep this topic open, please do let us know the final result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 00:32

thanks, will do that once you update the fix Smile also, do i have to install the expansions in order of release? i did that, but suppose i wanted to install an expansion pack that was released before the ones i've already installed (eg, installing world adventures when i have ambitions)? thanks again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 00:35

u dont have to install the EPs in the order they come out no u can install them in any order u want

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 07:56

okay then, thank you Smile
i installed the expansion packs and applied the fix and played the game and it's working 100%!!!! thank you very very very much, you have made me so happy! thanks once again! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:09

Glad to hear it.

Enjoy your Sim fun and please let us know if we can assist you further.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top