Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin? Empty Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin?

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:49

I'm sorry if this is the the right place to ask this, but I used to use my actual base game disc and then use torrent expansions with it, but my disk broke and I got a digital download copy of the base game for free. The problem is with Origin, it doesn't have the files in a folder to put any cracks or anything. Is it possible to use origin and torrents together? Also, I can't exactly download torrents anymore, I don't know if Comcast tracks about Pirate Bay or if it was Frostwire but every time I downloaded a torrent (started from late last year), my father would get an email telling him what torrent was downloaded and Comcast was threatening to cancel our membership if it happens again. (This happened twice) I don't know how to get around that. I uninstalled frostwire.

I hope my question was clear. I'm not exactly sure how more to explain other than if I can use torrent games with the digital download or will I have to download the torrent of the base game? (I have in the past, but it seemed to give me a lot of problems) bounce

Back to top Go down

Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin? Empty Re: Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:01

Hello,

Yes that's no problem, you just need to look for the directory to copy the crack to in Program Files\Origin\The Sims 3 in stead of Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Comcast is particularly nasty when it comes to torrents, or so I've heard.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin? Empty Re: Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin?

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:05

Thanks so much! And yes they are. I never had a problem until the end of last year. I have one more question I noticed the download has an option for anonymous download what does that exactly mean? (I haven't visited TPB in a while) lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:06

Hello,

I'm not sure, Admin will know, but he won't be back for a few hours I think.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:08

Okay Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 17:35

Hello there,

I saw that option tomorrow.
Is it still up?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 17:38

Admin wrote:Hello there,

Is it still up?

Tomorrow huh? I thought you didn't play Sims 3 anymore, sounds like your seeing into the future so... are you sure your not a genie? Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin? 294340757
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 18:26

Dracos66 wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello there,

Is it still up?

Tomorrow huh? I thought you didn't play Sims 3 anymore, sounds like your seeing into the future so... are you sure your not a genie? Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin? 294340757
Hello,

Lol, I meant "this morning", I saw it this morning, when uploading The Sims 3: Supernatural.
I am genius though. Can I install a torrent if I have the base game from Origin? 2279017149
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top