Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED] Empty Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 07:56

Hi,

I've always have this problem when I try to update my sims 3 version directly from the newly installed base game and always have this

error during startup problem no matter which version i updated it to.

i even tried the solution posted on your forum but to no avil

pls help!

Back to top Go down

Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 08:31

try using the superpatcher to 1.36 then go to 1.38

Back to top Go down

Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 08:34

but this problem arises everytime i use superpatcher

however it works fine if i use incremental patcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:12

same with me . i got the same error message pop up . i uninstalled supernatural and suddenly realised that my launcher remains previous version . im quite sure that i`ve patched to to 1.38 using the manual patch. then i try to patch it again using the same manual patch it said that my sims version already 1.38 . check the launcher my version still remains the previous . any help ? i want to play supernatural . ><

Edit ;

my launcher stuck at version 12.0.273.018001 . the version that is needed for showtime .

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 21:43

Hello,

First re-do these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

AFTER following those instructions VERY carefully, test the game.
If it didn't work, try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 23:30

i have LN , Gen , Ambi , FL and ST EP . does that mean i have to uninstall it all ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 07:05

Hi,

I actually tried those instructions but i still receive the same message.

BTW, do i update through origins when trying to install EP that needed a higher version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:03

Mahsron wrote:i have LN , Gen , Ambi , FL and ST EP . does that mean i have to uninstall it all ?
Hello,

No need to reinstall anything, just continue with those instructions and skip step 1. ONLY step 1!

melyuuri wrote:Hi,

I actually tried those instructions but i still receive the same message.

BTW, do i update through origins when trying to install EP that needed a higher version?
Admin wrote:AFTER following those instructions VERY carefully, test the game.
If it didn't work, try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix

Good luck!
No, just follow the instructions on the link I sent in my previous post.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:25

I finally got it working!!

Thank you so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 20:52

Hello,

Glad to hear you did!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! Error during startup when I try to update to version 1.38 from base game. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top