Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:31

Hey everyone! First i want to thank G4TW again for being so awesome!!
Now... I have this problem for a while but it only happened with Pets and now with Supernatural. I'm playing and the game freezes, the screen flashes black and the only way to get out of it is to ctrl+alt+del or wait for it to crash. I have no mods or CC and already applied the ultimate fix (latest update) and the game is up to date too... This has been going on for a while but I thought that with the new update it would stop Crying or Very sad
The games I have installed are:

- Sims 3
- Ambitions
- Generations
- Pets
- Supernatural

Other than this the game works fine Wat. don't now why it keeps happening...

Thanks again for the awesomeness!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:38

it could be as simple as seeing if theres some update for your grathics card that could be the problem

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 freezes and flashes black.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:41

kidrock2k12 wrote:it could be as simple as seeing if theres some update for your grathics card that could be the problem

I hadn't thought of that since it only happened with the last 2 games... My card is a NVidia GEFORCE 7400 (not sure if it helps). I played without pets a while back but I can't remember if it happened too Razz thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 06 Sep 2012, 19:20

As soon as Admin sees this, he'll be able to help you get any updates for your card. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 19:35

go on the Nvidia website and get the update its more then enougth to handel the game as a computer tech my self i think that your card may need an update or lower details

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 20:32

Hello,

Try this update, please: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-301.42-whql-driver-uk.html
If possible, choose "Custom" and "Clean installation" during the wizard.

If that didn't work either, please tell me: do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
If the answer is "No", please try step 6: games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:15

Thank you everyone!! I'll try it and then let you know how it worked out Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 07 Sep 2012, 11:16

Good luck! We'll be awaiting the results. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:15

Hello everyone!

This is my first time here, as I'm having the same problems as TudorQueen.
My game freezes and flashes black, and then crashes. This happens mainly in character creation.

I got The sims 3; Supernatural yesterday from origin and that was when this started happening. I also updated to 1.38 when the update came out. Something I possibly shouldn't have done. I haven't played the game in the time between the update and yesterday when I got supernatural.

I'm not very good with computers, but mine is brand new, and I think my graphic card is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 630M. At least that's what it says on my computer.

I really love The sims 3, and I was so bummed when I couldn't play my new game yesterday.

Have a good one guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:00

Anneloine wrote:Hello everyone!

This is my first time here, as I'm having the same problems as TudorQueen.
My game freezes and flashes black, and then crashes. This happens mainly in character creation.

I got The sims 3; Supernatural yesterday from origin and that was when this started happening. I also updated to 1.38 when the update came out. Something I possibly shouldn't have done. I haven't played the game in the time between the update and yesterday when I got supernatural.

I'm not very good with computers, but mine is brand new, and I think my graphic card is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 630M. At least that's what it says on my computer.

I really love The sims 3, and I was so bummed when I couldn't play my new game yesterday.

Have a good one guys Very Happy
Hello,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
For your and our ease, please open your own topic! That makes it easier for us to track progress and provide more personal support. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 23:15

The NVIDIA update was not compatible with my windows so 'm trying the gamebooster now Smile I'll let you know how it goes!

//EDIT

Unfortunetely it didn't work Crying or Very sad I have to save the game every two minutes and still I just lost some progress *sigh* thanks for the help everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 08 Sep 2012, 09:56

Hello,

You got the wrong update, I'm sure Admin will have a different link for you once he sees that. He mistakenly gave you a link for win7/Vista 64-bit so that obviously doesn't work with your windows version. Please check back later for his reply.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 16:51

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

You got the wrong update, I'm sure Admin will have a different link for you once he sees that. He mistakenly gave you a link for win7/Vista 64-bit so that obviously doesn't work with your windows version. Please check back later for his reply.

Thanks! It was my fault for not posting all the computer requirements Razz I'll be waiting

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 17:44

Hello,

My bad, sorry!
Here is the correct one:

32-bit: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp-301.42-whql-driver-uk.html
64-bit:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/winxp64-301.42-whql-driver-uk.html

Hope this helps!
If possible, choose "Custom" and "Clean installation" during the installation wizard. Do not forget to restart your PC after installation.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 18:03

It didn't work... it says "this graphic controller couldn't find a compatible graphic hardware" Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 18:14

Hello,

Hehe, so, you're on Windows XP, right?

Also, do you have any previous graphic drivers? Please go to Computer and then click the Add or edit a program tab. Search for any "NVIDIA" graphic drivers.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 19:42

Sorry it took so long to answer... In "add or edit programs" I have 1 NVIDIA Drivers file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 10 Sep 2012, 22:23

Hello,

Remove all the other drivers and try again?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 22:56

It worked!! Thank you so much!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:08

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Sep 2012, 18:33

Hello there,

Lol, I'm surprised it actually did!

Anyhow, enjoy the game!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top