Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernatural: Can't Play Households? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supernatural: Can't Play Households? [SOLVED] Empty Supernatural: Can't Play Households? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 13:18

Hello!

So I bought The Sims 3 Supernatural for my mom by pre-order and we got it on the 4th. She installed it into her computer and yesterday, I did the same by using her disc and then using the ultimate fix here to play the game.

It works perfectly, with the exception of two things I've noticed so far.

One, I can't see my fairy wings, thought I read a couple times here that this might be a modification issue. I haven't gotten around to taking my mods out and adding them back in one at a time to see which is causing the issue. I don't really have a lot besides the No Mosaic, No Intro, and a mod to keep my sim's skin from changing colors after being turned into a witch or vampire. But who knows? Maybe that's one of them.

Anyway, the second problem is that after I've created a family (which works fine. The family saved without a problem) and I try to move them into a house, I cannot play from that point on. The screen loads as if it's preparing to go into the house, but then the user interface disappears and all I can do is scroll through the town as if I were still looking for a house to play.

At that point, I can't do anything in-game but scroll, so I have to go to task manager and shut down my game that way.

I've redone the ultimate fix several times and I'm not new to No CD patches or game fixes, so I'm pretty certain this isn't my issue. The game works fine otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT::
Figured out which mod I had that was causing the issue with not seeing my fairy wings. I had a No Mosaic from ModTheSims, I do believe it was. And I think it was for the Generations expansion, but it was compatible with all of the updates until Supernatural.

I've also solved the problem with not being able to enter a household. I only had 5 total mods in my game, but I do believe it was sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul. I won't play with it to be certain, but just in case, the other mods I had were:

paksetti bartimes mod
less horse gnomes mod
No Build Sparkles mod
No Intro mod
Velocity Grass No Mosaic mod

All of these mods came from ModTheSims.

Last edited by Admin on Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved my problem, hope this helps others.)

Back to top Go down

Supernatural: Can't Play Households? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Supernatural: Can't Play Households? [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:24

Hello,

I see you found out that the problem was with the Mod(s)!
Enjoy the game and please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever run into any more problems! Supernatural: Can't Play Households? [SOLVED] 611149516

Ps. Mods often cause a lot of problems. If you run into any problems, (re)move your Mods first, to see if those are the cause.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male