Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED] Empty SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 09:53

So I just had to get a new computer and reinstall all the sims from the beginning. I downloaded each one from tpb that had the g4tw after it and proceeded to install them as per directed and as I had done many times before.

I then downloaded several items and packs from the mediafire site and installed them also. I then proceeded to boot up the sims and discovered once in game quite a few items still had the sim points icon on them and I wasn't able to buy them.
I closed the game down and then went and ran the ultimate fix as directed in the hope that would work. Unfortunately after reloading the sims quite a few items still have the need for sim points.

I am unsure why or whats gone wrong as I followed the instructions... just in case they have change. I have from sims 3 base all way to supernatural install. Its all updated also.
The only thing I havent attempted yet which I am about to is the store fix via the media fire site.

Anyone got any ideas please ?

//EDIT

So I installed the store fix - I had to make a Mod\Package folder as I
never had one. Installed the Items in there but to no avail I still have
the issue.

When I go into buy mode - it has a little icon saying
featured sets - The sets / items are related to Date Night, Level Up
collection & Hibicus Trio it appears.

As stated above these all came from the mediafire account. So Im now at a loss Smile

Back to top Go down

SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED] Empty Re: SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 13 Sep 2012, 18:38

//MOVED
Hello there,

In order for the Store Fixes to work, you need the Mods folder, indeed. But for the Mods folder to work, you need the resourcefile.cfg , which you can find here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Installing_Package_Files
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED] Empty Re: SimPoint Store Content - still active in game[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Fri 14 Sep 2012, 05:40

What you're seeing is the result of not having the in-game store turned off. It's in your options menu, and those "featured simpoint" items aren't going to go anywhere until you turn that off. Doing so can also prevent future issues, because, for some reason, having that turned on can cause major crashing and other issues.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 07:37

ok installed the cfg files and turned off content seems to be ok now.

Thank you for the extra help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:24

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top