Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Certain objects randomly become unusable?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Certain objects randomly become unusable? Empty Certain objects randomly become unusable?

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 02:07

I have all the expansions - including Supernatural - and I recently started having this problem where certain objects like the bed, laptop and alchemy station become unusable by my Sims.

By unusable, I mean that I will tell the Sim to interact with that object in some way, the interaction will appear in the queue and then immediately disappear and the Sim will be left standing there like nothing happened.

To make matters more confusing, certain objects - such as the alchemy station - will only do this for certain interactions. For example, one Sim can only research alchemy at the station. Anything else and the above glitch happens.

And as if that weren't enough, some objects will be unusable to certain Sims, while others seem unaffected by the glitch. For example, neither my fairy Sim nor my genie Sim can interact with the bed, but the fairy Sim can use the alchemy station normally, while the genie cannot.

The only way I have gotten this to resolve itself temporarily is to delete the object and buy a new one, but it eventually glitches out again.

This only recently started happening over the past day or so, and I have been playing this pretty much nonstop since I installed Supernatural. I did move this family from one neighborhood to another recently, and that is the only thing that I can think of that has recently changed.

Back to top Go down

Certain objects randomly become unusable? Empty Re: Certain objects randomly become unusable?

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 02:14

Oh, and I have tried resetSim - no dice.

Back to top Go down

Certain objects randomly become unusable? Empty Re: Certain objects randomly become unusable?

Post by t2sink Tue 18 Sep 2012, 03:22

Do you have any mods/CC make a backup of your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, by just moving it to your desktop, and try to play, and see if you still have issues with interacting with the stuff.

Let us know the results.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 14:43

Ok I will give that a shot. I will be back on with the results shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 18 Sep 2012, 18:22

Hello,

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top