Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user Empty Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 01:55

I see that only MAC users have this problem. Unfortunately, I have a PC and I am having it too. I have tried to follow the instructions in the installation guide to change the sku but I cannot even find the search on my start up menu -_- When I finally find the register editor (through Run) , I cannot find sku in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3. This is what I see (for some strange reason, I can't bring up the print screen):

Name
(default)

Type
REG_SZ

Data
(value not set)

I am thinking this is because my base sims 3 was the store bought version?

Maybe I am doing it wrong so please help. I have not played the expansion packs and have not used any cracks because I am waiting to download all versions and then use the main instructions on how to install the sims 3 correctly. So, I know I should be on the right track.

Back to top Go down

Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user Empty Re: Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 15:41

I'm currently having the exact same issue, I can locate where I need to be perfectly fine but there's no SKU like you said. My base is the store bought version as well, so it might very well be that. If anyone out there would like to contribute a solution to this it would be awesome! Please? World Adventures and Outdoor Living are the last expansions I have to download and I can't do jack until this gets resolved.

Edit: Would it be possible to change the code number in the actual SKU text document? I can locate that easily through program files>EA>TS3>Game>Bin. I don't want to attempt it unless I know if it's safe so please help.

EDIT:EDIT: I found the SKU. When you open the Registry Editor, this is the path you want- Computer>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Sims>TheSims3. You should see a bunch of files and next to last on the list should be the SKU. Good luck and let me know if you found it.

Back to top Go down

Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user Empty Re: Regional code problem (World Adventures) for a PC user

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 20:47

I have a Windows XP system so I don't have that option. I finally found the SkU but it was already changed to 1 so I was able to download Outdoor Living stuff

I am going to redownload World Adventures again and see if I still have the same regional code issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Sep 2012, 12:53

Hello,

This problem doesn't come up if you install OLS before installing WA. Anyway, if you have trouble locating the SKU, look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top