Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED] Empty the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jan 2011, 23:10

I just downloaded and installed the sims 3. whenever i try to run it, the launcher opens fine. But when I click the "play" icon, i get a message stating "thesims3launcher has stopped working". I have downloaded the most up to date launcher.

any ideas?

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED] Empty Re: the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Thu 06 Jan 2011, 17:12

Hello,

Do you have any Expansions installed?

I think I see the problem; you shouldn't Update, because now the Crack you have is older than the Game version.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED] Empty Re: the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 00:09

i have almost the same problem... THE LAUNCHER WONT OPEN. i downloaded the expanshion... the launcher wouldnt open. then i got the fix... launcher still wont open. i went to the website "can you run it?" and my computer surpassed the minimal requirements. i have checked 3 times to make sure i downloaded correctly and it still doesnt work. i dont have any mods so that is not a problem.
the sims 3 launcher stopped working [CLOSED] Help_s11

well, thanks if anyone helps me
(i know this is the preveus pic, from before the fix, but the same thing stil hapens)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 09:16

So a new update for Sims 3 came out today....are we not supposed to download the update yet from my understanding?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 11:50

burntime69 wrote:So a new update for Sims 3 came out today....are we not supposed to download the update yet from my understanding?

im sorry if i seem to be impossible to you, i just would like this to work... could you post a link for it please? i want to make sure i am going to the right place

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:48

burntime69 wrote:So a new update for Sims 3 came out today....are we not supposed to download the update yet from my understanding?

jenng14 wrote:

im sorry if i seem to be impossible to you, i just would like this to work... could you post a link for it please? i want to make sure i am going to the right place
Hello,

If you've installed Late Night and then applied this fix correctly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems and it still doesn't work, it means that the cracks are out-dated. I'll be looking for the new cracks and update the fix as soon as possible.

Be patient!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 15:10

i have high end loft stuff... and i have the latest fix. thank you!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Feb 2011, 15:37

jenng14 wrote:i have high end loft stuff... and i have the latest fix. thank you!!! cheers
Hello,

Ok, so do you also have The Sims 3: Late Night or not?
(Is your problem fixed?)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 15:59

its not fixed... you said that you will look for the new cracks and update the fix as soon as possible.

(i dont care when this happens)

and i DONT have late night... do i need to have it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Feb 2011, 16:17

jenng14 wrote:its not fixed... you said that you will look for the new cracks and update the fix as soon as possible.

(i dont care when this happens)

and i DONT have late night... do i need to have it?
Hello,

Yes, again, please INSTALL LATE NIGHT FIRST and then apply the fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 17:27

im sorry about this whole thing... do i need to re-install high end loft stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 18:04

i have the same problem and here's what i did.

1. installed sims 3 base game without crack
2. installed sims 3 generations without crack
3. updated sims 3 generations
4. installed sims 3 town life stuff without crack
5. updates sims 3 town life stuff but it said that my game is up to date no matter how may times i click refresh so i proceed
6. installed sims 3 world adventures without crack (skipping #crack in the process of installing it)
7. updated sims 3 world adventures
8. applying crack fix to sims 3 base game
9. applying crack fix to sims 3 world adventures
10. applying the crack fix to generations in the folder of the sims 3 base game
11. applying crack fix to town life stuff in the folder of the sims 3 base game
12. tried to update the sims 3 but it said that my game is upto date no matter how many times i clicked refresh
13. and finally applying crack fix to the sims 3 base game from the folder "Town Life Stuff & Generation"

i also tried the DEP procedure, yet it doesn't work. i made it work after installing generations and town life stuff but it doesn't work after installing world adventures.

please tell me if i miss out something.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 12 Oct 2011, 18:18

Hello,
The launcher isn't crucial to starting the game, so if your game is up to date and the crack is in the right place, simply start wihtout the launcher.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 18:29

i tried but it said "service initialization failed"

anything more that i can do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 23:02

Hello all,

Since this topic got so many people asking without open own thread. I'll close this topic.

For the user that still not solve the problem. Do not hesitate to open a new own thread. It'll be more easier to help you.

For TS: Look like you already solve your problem, since you didn't give any feedback. But if you still need this topic to be re-open. Do not hesitate to contact me or other moderator to reopen the topic.

Thank you.

CLOSED
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top