Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 has stopped working

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working Empty The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 05:51

about two months ago I started a thread about my game crashing and shamrock referred me to a program that puts the ultimate fix into all the appropriate folders. I had no crashing for about a week then it started again after about 30 minutes of game play. this happens with new games and previously saved games, I am running 8gb of ram with intel i7 so my computer is enough to play sims 3. I have all EPS and STP up to IP and am playing cc free.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by J.T. Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:10

Hello,

Do you have any mods? If yes, remove the Mods folder from C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 02:57

I already removed my mods folder and cleared my caches. the game has only recently been installed because of this issue so the game is completely cc free.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 22 Aug 2013, 03:01

Hello,

Have you tried the solutions here? The post was updated recently. You'd better have a look.

//EDIT

Do you have a mod called Relativity? If yes, please check if you have resetted the settings before removing this mod. Otherwise, the application will crash.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 03:38

I have followed all the advice in that thread just now. do I need to use that 4gb patch program on all the exe. files ?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 22 Aug 2013, 04:53

samantha8982 wrote:I have followed all the advice in that thread just now. do I need to use that 4gb patch program on all the exe. files ?
Hello,

Yes. If the program doesn't work, you can always run command prompt as administrator and type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072" in the window and hit enter. Afterwards, reboot your computer and test if this works or not.

//EDIT

One more thing: You can also extend RAM limit for The Sims 3 by opening this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3.ini. Under the line "[ResourceSystem]", there is a line "MemoryUsageLimit", simply change it to to "MemoryUsageLimit=(your pc's ram minus 10000000, remember it's in Kb!!!) and save the file. Be sure to uncheck "Read Only" in Properties of the file and make sure you have rights to edit the file.

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:18; edited 3 times in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 12:59

I have
  Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8096MB RAM. Could you tell me what to type (in kbs) please Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 22 Aug 2013, 13:32

Hello,

I am sorry I have shown the wrong file to you earlier. The correct file should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3.ini. Be sure to back up the file before altering the file.
Under the line [ResourceSystem], there is a line "MemoryUsageLimit=xxxxxxxx" (in terms of kilobits, aka Kb, not KB. Don't mess them up!). Please change the number from 20000000 to 49152000.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 22 Aug 2013, 14:09; edited 2 times in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 13:44

I've put in 65000000 into the file so I will have to thoroughly test the game for a few days. if the game crashes I will let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 22 Aug 2013, 14:13

Hello,

To clear things up, the number in Sims3.ini is measured in Kb (kilobit). Well, 8096 MB = 66322000 Kb. Therefore, you should change it to 40000000 (without Kb) if the game crashes.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 15:50

i'm going to see if that 4gb program and the dep setting stops the crashing so i'll let you know if anything happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:17

samantha8982 wrote:i'm going to see if that 4gb program and the dep setting stops the crashing so i'll let you know if anything happens.
Hello,

Is your problem solved? Anything we can help you with?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 13:44

the game just crashed I will edit that sims3.ini. file to what you recommended. I do need help with a new problem as well, Every time I start a new game the motive bar that fills up (not the motive bars) is blue when I start a fresh game and the sim menu's don't function correctly (things like the inventory can't be selected) and the family funds say $0. this is fixed by going to somewhere in the town.
I would also like to say that I forgot that about a month ago I added all of my cc back into the game (all is packaged and combined and checked with custard except for store content and mods) Facepalm  sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 03:40

samantha8982 wrote:the game just crashed I will edit that sims3.ini. file to what you recommended. I do need help with a new problem as well, Every time I start a new game the motive bar that fills up (not the motive bars) is blue when I start a fresh game and the sim menu's don't function correctly (things like the inventory can't be selected) and the family funds say $0. this is fixed by going to somewhere in the town.
I would also like to say that I forgot that about a month ago I added all of my cc back into the game (all is packaged and combined and checked with custard except for store content and mods) Facepalm  sorry I didn't mention it earlier.
Hello,

Is your problem solved?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 04:07

no my problem is not solved yet. I am play-testing the game today so I will report back probably by tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:17

I was able to play the game for an hour without crashing so my problem is solved for now. this crashing problem is very sneaky, The game can be fine for a week then the crashing starts so I need this thread left open please in case this starts again.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:48

samantha8982 wrote:I was able to play the game for an hour without crashing so my problem is solved for now. this crashing problem is very sneaky, The game can be fine for a week then the crashing starts so I need this thread left open please in case this starts again.
Hello,

Please let us know if you have any problems.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 06:18

the crashing is still happening, I was able to play in a new game for 5 minuties then the game crashed (the sims 3 has stopped working. please help me with this issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 06:57

samantha8982 wrote:the crashing is still happening, I was able to play in a new game for 5 minuties then the game crashed (the sims 3 has stopped working. please help me with this issue.
Hello,

Have you removed all the CC you mentioned before? Also please clear the folder DCCache.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:06

this problem occurs on all of my computers with or without custom content.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:11

samantha8982 wrote:this problem occurs on all of my computers with or without custom content.
Hello,

I start to suspect this is a hardware issue... In fact, I think you should consider a clean reinstallation via Your Uninstaller Pro (download the Uninstaller from www.games4theworld.org. And be sure to choose Super Mode to uninstall The Sims 3 and the expansions). But first, can you tell me the processors and GPUs of your computers (all of your computers that have The Sims 3 installed) and is the base game store-bought?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 07:42

The computer I have used to try your solutions with's specs------------------
System Information
------------------
Spoiler:

the other computer has intel i5 and 4gb ram with radeon hd graphics. Both of these computers are brand new 4 months ago.

Last edited by invalidusername on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 05:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put all the computer specs into a spoiler)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:37

Hello,

Your hardware seems to not be a problem. So I suggest you uninstall The Sims 3 and expansion packs on both computer via YouUninstaller Pro with Super Mode (download link mentioned in my previous post). And I think we should have a Teamviewer meeting to sort this thing out. Can you download Teamviewer and give me ID and password in the "Remote Control" tab of Teamviewer panel via private message? If you need assistance with both computers, we can have teamviewer meeting using both computers.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:11

I know this slows things down but i'm not allowed to use team viewer (my parents said no) because it would void my warranty if anything happened while using the program.  is there anything else I can try other than uninstalling ? it took days last time I reinstalled because there are so many add-ons.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:22

samantha8982 wrote:I know this slows things down but i'm not allowed to use team viewer (my parents said no) because it would void my warranty if anything happened while using the program.  is there anything else I can try other than uninstalling ? it took days last time I reinstalled because there are so many add-ons.
Hello,

That is okay if you don't want any Teamviewer session. Now please read the instructions very carefully:

(1) Uninstall the base game and all the expansions with Your Uninstaller Pro (which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org) with Super Mode (you can choose the Super Mode during uninstalling)

(2) Delete the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

(2) Reinstall the base game with Daemon Tools Lite ONLY. (Be sure to extract the torrents with WinRAR ONLY)

(3) Apply the manual patch here.

(4) Reinstall all the expansions.

(5) Apply the manual patch again.

(6) Download the latest Ultimate Fix here.

(7) Drag and drop the content of #crack folder ONLY to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin if you have purchased or downloaded The Sims 3 via Origin)
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down