Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In? Empty The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In?

Post by Sim Architect Sun 07 Oct 2012, 09:23

Hi everybody!

Long time no see (and no play either, since I relocated overseas and it took me forever to settle in)...

I just installed the game, with all expansions including Supernatural, and I got a little surprise...

When I log in with my user name (I have no registered game at my account), surprise!!! I got a message telling "Register Your Game!" below the "Log Out" button.

I tried everything (I have a clean installation, no custom content or store content, neither saves), with and without the crack. Even did that "memory unlock" thing (I use Windows 7 x64).

The only way to make the game work was cracking it again and not logging in!

I also got it working, even after having the issue, after logging off before the crash, having the crash and starting the game again logged off... For some reason, the game is crashing only when I am logged in... Misterious thing...

Anybody with the same issue? Is this a new EA anti piracy act?

I see almost everybody here seems to have at least one registered game, is that why I'm the first to point this out?

Thanks again for your fantastic work, you're my heroes!

Last edited by SvenT on Sun 07 Oct 2012, 09:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Uploaded screenshot [:-))
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In? Empty Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In?

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:59

Hello,

Welcome back!
No, not an anti-piracy act at all.
Let's see, do you have Origin installed?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In? Empty Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In?

Post by Sim Architect Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:44

Hi there. I am real sorry for being away for so long, crazy week... Thanks a lot for being so welcoming!

Well, I tried with and without origin, game always crashes when I log in with my account, which has no registered games.

If I log off, I can play the game normally, it is really weird...

Do you know about more people with the same issue? Don't worry about me, I can just play off line, I would just love to be able to be of any help if anybody has a similar issue. I still did not find a solution for the problem, anyway. Any advice would be great!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:56

Hello,

That's odd. I don't think we've seen this problem before.
It seems unlikely though that logging in would trigger some sort of crashing sequence if you had no registered games.
Have you tried any of these?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 18 Oct 2012, 18:35

Thanks, Lady ElDi, I had already followed all those steps and a few others around, but I got to see that the problem is somehow related to being connected or not with my the sims account...

Always crashes when connected and it does not present any issue when not connected...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 18 Oct 2012, 22:06

Hello,

That's odd indeed.
You log in in-game?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 19 Oct 2012, 07:28

Yes, it's that in game logging in.

The Game Launcher is funny too, my welcome screen is completely blank.

The updates are offered normally...

Also, it takes forever to log in and the avatar is showing defective as you can see in the image I posted at my first comment.

It's funny because it always happens the same way, I don't even have to play the game, I just log in and sit waiting, about 1 min after it shows the "Register Your Game!" message, I get the crash...

Whenever I am not logged, I don't get any error message, neither crashes. I guess I should not log in, since I can't use the nice on line actions as SimPort or other things like that. The venues from Superstar were a headache to use anyway, always made my game ultra slow and everything was black around, I gave up back when I installed superstar, maybe I even give it a try with Supernatural, because perhaps they fixed those issues (and I have a nice i7 with 16 GB of RAM and an NVidia GeForce GTX 560M with 3 GB of dedicated DDR5 RAM, also using a SSD Drive).

Well, it's not a terrible problem and I can live without being on line for now, anyway, I guess it's good for us to keep an eye on that, I wonder why other people aren't complaining about the same issue yet...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Oct 2012, 13:10

Hello,

Because you should be able to log in just fine. The error you get is not caused by the fact that EA is checking on you.
Please re-do all these instructions, just to be sure: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and re-download everything needed! (Except for the games themselves, of course)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 19 Oct 2012, 16:05

Hi there. I actually did that before replying to you the last time. Anyway, I am going to uninstall everything, do a cleanup and start over, this time like I used before, following the order of the release of expansions instead of installing the base game and one of the last updates before installing the older expansions to save that time the game takes updating itself from one expansion to another...

I will let you know what happens, I'll probably do that only next week, tough.

Thanks a lot for your support, I will let you know what happens.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Oct 2012, 21:58

Hello,

OK then, I'm sorry to hear that.
Be sure to remove everything correctly. I recommend using Your Uninstaller! Pro, from www.games4theworld.org . Use the "Super" mode for removing stuff.

After uninstalling everything, don't forget to restart your PC and then reinstall using these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly (The order of the expansions doesn't matter in this case, so whatever you prefer)
But DO NOT skip any other steps.

Good luck and, indeed, please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 04 Nov 2012, 04:21

Crash again! Even without installing any expansion. The game just takes forever trying to log in, then it crashes. It's a bit different than showing a message that I have to register my game, but it's still an issue. I did not even apply a fix, just a plain install like the old times, with an image of the iso running on Power ISO.

I can play around with no problems at all if I don't log in. I wonder what could be happening, since I used to play ok before.

I tried twice already, I am going to do the rest of the installation, then update again and then I will apply the new fix again (I tried it before, the one that supports with 1.42 is great as usual, but did not fix this issue).

I am really wondering what could be happening here... Anybody else playing the game on line, without any registered expansion or base game, with no issues at all?

The launcher does not load the "Welcome" screen anymore. Both issues started at same time, it must be something related to the way the game is connecting, or it's part of their anti piracy policy...

Well, keep up the great work you do. Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks a lot, Admin and Lady ElDi!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:51

Hello,

I've logged in before with only one registered game. A lot of people here do. It doesn't work now since it won't recognize my password for some reason, even though I use the same password to log in at the site. Even had it resetted. The solution is to reinstall, we've seen the issue before, but I just can't be bothered enough Laughing
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 04 Nov 2012, 11:29

Hello,

Now that you say... the launcher doesn't load the welcome screen either?
In that case I guess your PC just can't connect to the EA servers somehow.

Are you running a firewall? Did you block The Sims 3 access to the internet? If not, try temporary turning off your firewall.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:31

Thanks, Admin, but I guess the game is getting access, since it refuses my log in when I type a wrong password...

Lady ElDi, I don't have any registered game...

I did the full reinstall twice, even using that great tool Admin told me to, no success. Something happened after Supernatural came. Maybe people here aren't having the same issue because they have at least one registered game...

Thanks anyway, I guess I will have to play off line for some time...

My access to ea servers is not that great, I had to pause and resume my download for the manual update from their server (that link you have in this forum for manual update that directs us to that 1 GB file from EA that updates everything to 1.42), because it was stopping by itself after a few minutes for some unknown reason... But since it can refuse a wrong password promptly... I don't know... Do you think a timeout problem could be the cause of this?

The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In? Capture

Crash "Files", in case you're curious...

Crash Log

Crash Report 04/11/12 15:55

Last edited by SvenT on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 22:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Information...)
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 10 Nov 2012, 04:35

Do you think it's safe to buy the seasons expansion, to be able to use on line features like venues & others, without having any other registered Sims game, or would I be wasting my money, since I may still have this very same issue?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 10 Nov 2012, 04:43

You only need one bought/legitimate version of The Sims 3, or expansion to use the online features and such, so you could even do it with a 10-15 dollar stuff pack, rather then shelling out the 40-50? bucks for the expansion.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 10 Nov 2012, 04:49

Thanks for the advice, t2sink. Where do I find those? I tried to, but only found the regular prices when I looked into it... Any advice is always more than welcome. Maybe one of these packs you talk about could fix my issue and I would be able to play the game properly!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:46

Hello,

The stuff packs are usually much cheaper than the expansions, just look for one of those.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 11 Nov 2012, 07:18

Thanks for the advice. I will see if I find an old stuff pack for sale, or maybe I get the new stuff pack 70's, 80's and 90's that's coming january, which seems very cool!

My access to thesims3.com is really slow lately, maybe it's because of "everybody" updating to 1.42 or something like that, or maybe it's because I am in Brazil now...

Congratulations for the baby on the way, Lady ElDi!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Nov 2012, 11:43

SvenT wrote:
Congratulations for the baby on the way, Lady ElDi!

Thanks Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 12 Nov 2012, 07:47

Welcome! You're going to be a great mother!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:10

SvenT wrote:Welcome! You're going to be a great mother!

I hope so, it'll be my 3rd Wink
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 12 Nov 2012, 10:16

Great, I didn't know. That's really cool!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:51

It is, thanks Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural - EA Blocking Pirate Game when you Log In? Empty Now I am pissed!!!

Post by Sim Architect Sun 18 Nov 2012, 08:30

Now I am pissed!!!!

I got the bundle The sims 3 plus Seasons for 50 dollars and their website is not working properly and I can't register my game at thesims3.com

But that's just part of the problem!

I made some tests with the game, after installing everything as usual (I formatted my PC), and used my serial both for base game and seasons.

Well, I logged in and left it running on the menu, to test. Nothing wrong happened, the game did not crash. Yay! I said...

But it was too early for that...

I closed the game and ran the CC Magic, so I could play with all store content from your media share account. That's when everything went wrong!

I got the same crash, again!

I closed the game. Renamed my "The Sims" folder at Documents/EA and tried a new play. Same problem.

Then, I ran CC Magic again and created an empty profile, with no CC at all (not even store stuff).

Ran the game again, same issue...

I still don't have the game registered, since EA support didn't fix the issue at their end. Would that be the cause? A pirate game being really blocked intentionally by them? I did not want to use my download (I can download the game from origin) because I like your image better (I also used the fix).

Please, would you know what happens that my game crashes when I try to log in? I paid 50 bucks to have an account with a registered game, so I could play on line, use simport and other things, and now I just can't do that, because the game will crash before I try to do anything!

I don't know what else to do. I never had this issue before supernatural, and seasons didn't fix the problem... I am going to uninstall the seasons from image and install it original from my origin account (it's available there), but I have a bad feeling about it, that the problem will persist...

Thanks for all!

//EDIT

I just discovered something funny. Changing my DNS to
Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) made my access to thesims3.com way
faster, I became able to download the Create a World Tool and, at least
for the past four minutes, I logged in with my account inside the game
and it did not crash.

Can I say "yay" this time or will it crash again? Only time will tell.

It is weird to have the game crashing because of a problem on my DNS, don't you think?

I hope that if someone reads this in future and has the same problem, that they can try another DNS and see what happens.

It
still does not show the avatar at "new game" screen. I am going to try
CC Magic to put my store stuff back to see if it breaks the game again,
but I have a feeling it really has to do with the internet...

I am not sure this is a real solution though. I will keep you posted.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top